Worklog Ryan's wii portable

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Looks good. I might give yourself a little more wiggle room on that line parallel to the NAND, just in case you need more room to sand, but you left more than enough room around everything else. That's ok though. Good luck with this trim! :D

Looks good. I might give yourself a little more wiggle room on that line parallel to the NAND, just in case you need more room to sand, but you left more than enough room around everything else. That's ok though. Good luck with this trim! :D
Thank you! I really hope this is the last time I have to trim the board, I'll practice dremeling on cardboard or a pcb

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
Thank you! I really hope this is the last time I have to trim the board, I'll practice dremeling on cardboard or a pcb
Or a dead Wii. ;) You can also practice along the parts of the motherboard that you don't care about. This will give you better practice, because cutting through a motherboard is very different than cardboard.

Or a dead Wii. ;) You can also practice along the parts of the motherboard that you don't care about. This will give you better practice, because cutting through a motherboard is very different than cardboard.
Should my dremel at the speed at 4 or 6?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
I don't know. I'd test both on something, but probably whichever is most comfortable for you.

Make sure you relocate the u10 and make sure everything is working before you trim. :) it will make your life much easier.
will do! I can still turn it on right? And what if it doesn't work? Will I be fine?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
No. The Wii will NOT boot without the u10

Like ginge said, it won't boot if you didn't do it right. So relocate it, and then make sure it turns on. Also, if you are using the no wifi ios's, after you have installed pm, make sure it boots after you remove the wifi module. Just to make sure that it's all working correctly. :) if you do this, it will make it much easier to figure out what's wrong if your Wii doesn't boot up after you trim it. On another note, what I do when I trim is cut a little bit outside the trim line with the dremel cutter, and then get closer to the line with the dremel sanding wheel. Sometimes the cutter can be kinda hard to control. Be sure to leave room to sand with the sand paper though. Good luck!! You can do it man!! Take your time and think it all through. :)