Worklog Ryan's wii portable

GC64

Portables
TBH idk why you weren't more careful having already broken the first one. The guide has clear pic of where you should cut, so you have to be careful NOT to go inside that line unless you plan to relocate more stuff. If you take your time by triple check the lines your drawing and carefully cutting slightly outside the line, you really shouldn't have any issues. Judging by these past two wii's though, I'm gonna have to take a wild guess and say you rushed with your cut. You just have to be more careful considering the trim is perhaps the most important part to a wii portable.

Advice taken man, I'm just wondering if anyone has a cheap 4 layer Wii motherboard? I've been gone watching Guardians of the galaxy and it's lit..

Shank

Staff member
Portables

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Tanks man, black wiis with GameCube ports are hard too find
Any Wii (including white wiis) without gamecube ports is a 4 layer board.
Any Wii that isn't white is a 4 layer board.
Details

Update: since I really don't want to break another Wii, when ShockSlayer's service opens then I will go to that, I will try my best to get this Wii to work, so don't expect a quick update. Thank you everyone for your help...

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
You should be able to sand that, just be particularly careful around the nand. Since you only removed a filtering cap you should be fine, but it's still better to follow the directions beforehand :P

You should be able to sand that, just be particularly careful around the nand. Since you only removed a filtering cap you should be fine, but it's still better to follow the directions beforehand :P
Thanks, for the heads up, if that doesn't work then I don't know what will lol

Shank

Staff member
Portables
The capacitor he removed is for decoupling, and the chip may not work without it. I would say board is RIP, seeing as most users don't have the mad soldering skills to fix something like that. I would send it to someone like @Aurelio who can make use of it.

The capacitor he removed is for decoupling, and the chip may not work without it. I would say board is RIP, seeing as most users don't have the mad soldering skills to fix something like that. I would send it to someone like @Aurelio who can make use of it.
So Aurelio would want it? Sure, then I can save up for ShockSlayer's service lol, almost there

Attachments

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I wouldn't ask him to buy it. He does so much for us that we donate our mis-cut boards to him as a way of saying thanks. Think of it like a tribute to our pizza god.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
It will be quicker to learn how to trim motherboards properly than to wait for a service that's not coming back for a few months most likely.

Wait a minute, how is @Aurelio going to make use out of it since it is broken?

Shank

Staff member
Portables