Worklog Ryan's wii portable

The more you fight the meme the more memey it becomes. Learn to embrace it.

To answer your question, yes that will work. Just has to be 100uF with a voltage rating greater than your input voltage.
I guess memes rule BitBuilt then...

This is going to be a pretty long worklog due to school getting in the damn way, so finished one regulator by using this guidehttps://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/resistors-for-custom-regulators.1078/
There's only 3 more to go

Attachments

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
This is going to be a pretty long worklog due to school getting in the damn way, so finished one regulator by using this guidehttps://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/resistors-for-custom-regulators.1078/
There's only 3 more to go
I would recommend trimming the legs of that capacitor to reduce size and prevent any unwanted contact with other things. If you're concerned about having a spot to solder to, you can solder to the big SMD capacitors on the regulator. See gman's regulators on his Wii portables for good examples.

Last edited:
RIP this Wii, I'll try to get a 4 layer board and actually read where to cut on the guide...

Last edited:
If I buy any wifi module for the wii mother board I'm getting will it work with any of them?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
If I buy any wifi module for the wii mother board I'm getting will it work with any of them?
I wouldn't worry about WiFi until you have a successful trim. That's one of the hardest relocations to pull of. I know that I probably couldn't do it, and you are struggling enough that I would probably wait.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Yes, any wifi module will work on any wii, but wifi is an extremely difficult relocation to pull off, as @GingerOfOz has said. I haven't been able to successfully pull it off in the many tries I've done, and even the people who have successfully done it say it is difficult because of how picky it can be about the wiring... I'd suggest nowifi unless you are dead set on watching Netflix on your wii portable...

Yes, any wifi module will work on any wii, but wifi is an extremely difficult relocation to pull off, as @GingerOfOz has said. I haven't been able to successfully pull it off in the many tries I've done, and even the people who have successfully done it say it is difficult because of how picky it can be about the wiring... I'd suggest nowifi unless you are dead set on watching Netflix on your wii portable...
I guess bye bye Netflix, I have my phone anyway so... (•^•)

Got a new Wii the one I had was dead Oh well... got a four layer board this time just waiting on the wifi module which will be coming on Friday or earlier..

Attachments

Hi, does anyone know how to remove this? Because it's in the way of the trim...

Attachments

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Hi, does anyone know how to remove this? Because it's in the way of the trim...
if you really want to remove it properly though, you can just lay the tip of your iron across the pins and pull it off or just break it off

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
if you really want to remove it properly though, you can just lay the tip of your iron across the pins and pull it off or just break it off
I recommend dremelling through it. You can pull it off if you want, or put a huge ball of solder across the pins so they all heat up at once.

Should I spray paint my ZN45 case if I have not cut out the holes for the buttons, screens, etc.?

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Should I spray paint my ZN45 case if I have not cut out the holes for the buttons, screens, etc.?
No? If you plan on drilling into it, you'll mess up the paint and the sides of your new holes will be unpainted. Painting is the last thing you should do.

No? If you plan on drilling into it, you'll mess up the paint and the sides of your new holes will be unpainted. Painting is the last thing you should do.
okay thanks for the reply

The glorious tape..

Attachments