RVLoader v1.6

so i installed rvloader on an older 6 layer wii i have, i got through the installation process but now when i turn the wii on it shows the rvloader screen, and then it scrambles the colors and goes to black but the wii is still on, i made sure not to select the vga option as i plan to retain the component slot on the trim. what do i do ? did i do something wrong during installation?
IMG_3657.jpeg
IMG_3658.jpeg
IMG_3659.jpeg

also when i move the stick around on the wii mote it brings up the c stick menu but then goes black again

Portables
I know it's a dumb question, but have you checked if your TV has some sort of zoom in place? If there isn't, is anything displayed when you try booting without a USB drive or SD card?

I know it's a dumb question, but have you checked if your TV has some sort of zoom in place? If there isn't, is anything displayed when you try booting without a USB drive or SD card?
yes it says no sd cars installled press a to boot to priiloader

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
so i installed rvloader on an older 6 layer wii i have, i got through the installation process but now when i turn the wii on it shows the rvloader screen, and then it scrambles the colors and goes to black but the wii is still on, i made sure not to select the vga option as i plan to retain the component slot on the trim. what do i do ? did i do something wrong during installation?View attachment 27778View attachment 27779View attachment 27780
Uhhh that's a new one. What usb drive are you using?

Uhhh that's a new one. What usb drive are you using?
samsung 128g drive i had everything formatted right and it worked fine on my 4 layer board. it is getting a black screen but if i press b i can get the c stick menu but then nothing after i pick any of the options,

Portables
samsung 128g drive i had everything formatted right and it worked fine on my 4 layer board. it is getting a black screen but if i press b i can get the c stick menu but then nothing after i pick any of the options,
Wait, you said "it worked fine on my 4 layer board" ... does that mean you're using your high power USB 3 drive in a 6 layer Wii and it acts sort of like storage is unavailable? For your 6 layer Wii, do you have a device listed on GBATemp's Wiki on the page "USB Devices Compatibility List" that you could try?

Wait, you said "it worked fine on my 4 layer board" ... does that mean you're using your high power USB 3 drive in a 6 layer Wii and it acts sort of like storage is unavailable? For your 6 layer Wii, do you have a device listed on GBATemp's Wiki on the page "USB Devices Compatibility List" that you could try?
yes that’s what i mean but it also brings up the menus so it’s actively displaying something even if it’s not the full ui, i am seeing the initial rvloader boot logo then it goes black but i can pull the c stock menu up but it does nothing

OMG, all I wanted to do was try a couple wii games with GC controller...

After installing RV loader; spent the better part of an hour getting my Wii to boot properly, re-install Homebrew channel so it's not UPSIDE DOWN, re-install Priiloader so system hacks work again... So I guess I need to make sure I select 'Do not install' every time I want to mess with RV loader. IDK, maybe give a touch more warning about what you're about to do to your console with this software.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
OMG, all I wanted to do was try a couple wii games with GC controller...

After installing RV loader; spent the better part of an hour getting my Wii to boot properly, re-install Homebrew channel so it's not UPSIDE DOWN, re-install Priiloader so system hacks work again... So I guess I need to make sure I select 'Do not install' every time I want to mess with RV loader. IDK, maybe give a touch more warning about what you're about to do to your console with this software.
RVLoader is meant to be used on portables, where most people remove the WiFi module and want VGA. Those require a custom IOS58 (causing the flipped HBC) and a custom version of priiloader

I've tried every thing to get gamecube games to show up (yes I put it in its own folder and named the game file game.iso) but it still isn't showing up what should I do?

Bozer

name it "game" not "game.iso"

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I've tried every thing to get gamecube games to show up (yes I put it in its own folder and named the game file game.iso) but it still isn't showing up what should I do?
name it "game" not "game.iso"
This. You probably have file extensions hidden and the file already has a hidden .iso attached to it, which means when you name it game.iso it's actually being named game.iso.iso

Has anyone gotten Wii games that are GameCube controller compatible working? For example, Super Smash Bros Brawl, when playing it. Every button press is registered multiple times. Same for Arce Rise Fantasia, Sonic Unleashed and others. So far, I have found a total of 3 games (as far as I can tell) that have no issue. Mario Kart Wii, The Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces and The Muchables .

Also, has anyone gotten Tatsunoko vs Capcom to load? I get black screened.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Has anyone gotten Wii games that are GameCube controller compatible working? For example, Super Smash Bros Brawl, when playing it. Every button press is registered multiple times. Same for Arce Rise Fantasia, Sonic Unleashed and others. So far, I have found a total of 3 games (as far as I can tell) that have no issue. Mario Kart Wii, The Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces and The Muchables .

Also, has anyone gotten Tatsunoko vs Capcom to load? I get black screened.
That's a known issue. I'm working on it

When I open VC games they either stay on the hydra screen or a black screen, anyone have any info on what Is wrong?

Bozer

it is a known issue that many WAD files fail to launch. Nothing you can do except hope they work