RVLoader v1.6

No need to rerun the installer this time, just copy the files
one thing that bothered me about rvloader 1.6 is the fact that I can't select the Wii motion plus in the mapper, and in FPS games I can't get the Wii remote pointer to work

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Portables
Building One
Homebrew Channel is not detecting RVLoader from my Sandisk Cruzer Blade. Is there anyway to fix this?

@Aurelio

I need a bit of help here. I tested a few days ago your rvloader. But had a few issues (which i have fixed). That was the reason to uninstall it for now. First of all, i had an homebrew channel which was flipped upside down (that was weird) but i fixed that via uninstall and reinstall the homebrew channel via hackmii installer. The second thing is now, my disc drive doesn't spin anymore. It isn't broken because i changed it and the second one also didn't spin while in the regular wii menu. When i need the disc in usb loader or ctgp it works perfectly. I also applied my very first nand backup to test if that would fix anything (it didn't, of course). It doesn't really bother me since i only need the disc for ctgp-r (and it works there). Otherwise I have all my games on a usb device. But I know that the problem is there and I would like to get it solved. I also know that your rvloader uses an older version of priiloader. And my guess is that the built-in priiloader has screwed up something on my console. I had already reported to github in the "Issues" section, but I haven't received an answer yet. Therefore i hope to get a solution here.

@Aurelio I have a problem with the rvloader, the hand sensor of the Wii remote when I emulate the movement of it by the rvloader it does not show the hand of the sensor, but then I put the bbloader 1.3 on the same pendrive and with the bbloader the sensor shows normally.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio

I need a bit of help here. I tested a few days ago your rvloader. But had a few issues (which i have fixed). That was the reason to uninstall it for now. First of all, i had an homebrew channel which was flipped upside down (that was weird) but i fixed that via uninstall and reinstall the homebrew channel via hackmii installer. The second thing is now, my disc drive doesn't spin anymore. It isn't broken because i changed it and the second one also didn't spin while in the regular wii menu. When i need the disc in usb loader or ctgp it works perfectly. I also applied my very first nand backup to test if that would fix anything (it didn't, of course). It doesn't really bother me since i only need the disc for ctgp-r (and it works there). Otherwise I have all my games on a usb device. But I know that the problem is there and I would like to get it solved. I also know that your rvloader uses an older version of priiloader. And my guess is that the built-in priiloader has screwed up something on my console. I had already reported to github in the "Issues" section, but I haven't received an answer yet. Therefore i hope to get a solution here.
The Homebrew Channel being upside down is normal, it's programmed to do that when you alter certain IOS modules. RVLoader alters those modules in order to allow for portablization of the system. By "fixing" that you have most likely overwritten one or more of those custom IOS modules that RVLoader uses, and that's causing your disc drive problem

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Portables
Building One
When i plug in my USB rvloader doesn't show up in home-brew channel . Why is this happening?

Edit: I fixed the problem.

Last edited:
@Aurelio I have a problem with the rvloader, the hand sensor of the Wii remote when I emulate the movement of it by the rvloader it does not show the hand of the sensor, but then I put the bbloader 1.3 on the same pendrive and with the bbloader the sensor shows normally.
The truth is that I use rvloader 1.3 for all my laptops, it is the best version in my point of view and the most stable and it is the one that I would recommend you to use, it is a pity that they never solved the exit to the menu after leaving the wii game, a pity it would help a lot to solve that, but it seems that it is very complicated to fix, since in 3 versions they did not fix it to wait, there is no other way.

Portables
0 :(
Was hoping for some help, I’m currently trying to install rvloader on my wii (homebrew already installed). I have tried checking the forum for recent post about usb drives and microsd USB adapters that are compatible but I’ve had no luck. I know the old white Samsung ones work (at least when I installed portablizemii) as well as the Kingston USB adapter but neither is still for sale. I tried a Sandisk usb drive in full knowledge it probs wouldn’t work (no luck). Then I tried a adafruit microsd card adapter i have with a Sandisk microsd card (no luck). They just don’t show up on home brew channel.

My question, is the fact I’m using a sandisk microsd card and not a Samsung evo part of the issue or is it the adapter. Otherwise does anyone have a usb drive they can recommend that’s still being sold. Sorry if I missed a thread this was answered in.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Was hoping for some help, I’m currently trying to install rvloader on my wii (homebrew already installed). I have tried checking the forum for recent post about usb drives and microsd USB adapters that are compatible but I’ve had no luck. I know the old white Samsung ones work (at least when I installed portablizemii) as well as the Kingston USB adapter but neither is still for sale. I tried a Sandisk usb drive in full knowledge it probs wouldn’t work (no luck). Then I tried a adafruit microsd card adapter i have with a Sandisk microsd card (no luck). They just don’t show up on home brew channel.

My question, is the fact I’m using a sandisk microsd card and not a Samsung evo part of the issue or is it the adapter. Otherwise does anyone have a usb drive they can recommend that’s still being sold. Sorry if I missed a thread this was answered in.
Just making sure, you didn't have an SD card in the Wii's front slot while attempting to install RVLoader right? If there's an SD card in the front slot, HBC won't check USB devices for apps

The truth is that I use rvloader 1.3 for all my laptops, it is the best version in my point of view and the most stable and it is the one that I would recommend you to use, it is a pity that they never solved the exit to the menu after leaving the wii game, a pity it would help a lot to solve that, but it seems that it is very complicated to fix, since in 3 versions they did not fix it to wait, there is no other way.
today I installed the rvloader 1.6 and it gave the same error in the rv loader with the Wii remote plus it does not let to change and the pointer of the Wii remote, then I installed the rvloader 1.3 and it continued in the same bug, then I installed the bbloader 1.3 and in the bbloader 1.3 the Wii remote plus can be selected without error and the Wii remote pointer works, but it has the 10 minute pause bug causing the Wii to crash.

I'm at my wit's end trying to get online using a patched Mario Kart Wii ISO on my Wii without a disc drive using RVLoader. I have tried patching different ISOs and patcher versions, and I still get the error #23904: You have to update your game with the new patcher.

I don't know if it's relevant that I'm using RVLoader and booting the game from that. Since my disc drive connecter is broken, I'm unable to use any USB Loader app (I've tried GX, Cfg and Wiiflow) and do the on-the-fly Wiimmfi patch through those apps. I've tried using ' patch-images-32', and running the patch as Administrator, but nothing works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm at my wit's end trying to get online using a patched Mario Kart Wii ISO on my Wii without a disc drive using RVLoader. I have tried patching different ISOs and patcher versions, and I still get the error #23904: You have to update your game with the new patcher.

I don't know if it's relevant that I'm using RVLoader and booting the game from that. Since my disc drive connecter is broken, I'm unable to use any USB Loader app (I've tried GX, Cfg and Wiiflow) and do the on-the-fly Wiimmfi patch through those apps. I've tried using ' patch-images-32', and running the patch as Administrator, but nothing works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
when you installed rvloader, did you uncheck the Wii patch? and checks on the middle kart Wii in rvloader press B and check if the Wii fi is on Yes.