RVLoader v1.6

If i format my usb drive what i need to do to resintall rvloader? just copy files from rvloader package or i need to run rvloader installer again?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If i format my usb drive what i need to do to resintall rvloader? just copy files from rvloader package or i need to run rvloader installer again?
New files can help, but you initiate the reinstall by booting RVLoader into safe mode. Hold L+R+Z (or L+R+Z+B to force VGA display) on boot until the RVLoader splash screen goes away, and select the option to reinstall

New files can help, but you initiate the reinstall by booting RVLoader into safe mode. Hold L+R+Z (or L+R+Z+B to force VGA display) on boot until the RVLoader splash screen goes away, and select the option to reinstall
So a need to reinstall anyway? It's not like other homebrew that keep all necessary files on flash drive?
Needs to patch files?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The flash drive holds the working files, but RVLoader also installs a loader file onto the Wii using priiloader. If that file has problems, it affects everything. So it's worth reinstalling to replace that loader file with a fresh one just in case.

The flash drive holds the working files, but RVLoader also installs a loader file onto the Wii using priiloader. If that file has problems, it affects everything. So it's worth reinstalling to replace that loader file with a fresh one just in case.
Just on more thing. There is a list of compatible usb drives? I know that Kingston FCR-MRG2 is recommended but now it's too expensive for me

Some VC wads runs fine others just freeze in the load screen, classic control screen or a black screen. I don't know maybe these problems are occurring due to my usb drive.

Just on more thing. There is a list of compatible usb drives? I know that Kingston FCR-MRG2 is recommended but now it's too expensive for me

Some VC wads runs fine others just freeze in the load screen, classic control screen or a black screen. I don't know maybe these problems are occurring due to my usb drive.
You can use a SanDisk red and black flash drive (the most common ones worked well for me) and it's pretty cheap, as for the virtual console and WiiWare it's still a new system in rvloader and it can have some problems and not be 100℅ compatible.

You can use a SanDisk red and black flash drive (the most common ones worked well for me) and it's pretty cheap, as for the virtual console and WiiWare it's still a new system in rvloader and it can have some problems and not be 100℅ compatible.
I'm using the same model, a very old 4GB Sandisk red and black as you described, just for test before buy a definite drive.

I'm using the same model, a very old 4GB Sandisk red and black as you described, just for test before buy a definite drive.
I one of the ones I'm using is a 32gb and I have a 16gb SanDisk that works perfectly with rvloader.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I believe @Aurelio fixed the issues with the Samsung Fit drives if you're looking for something high capacity and low profile.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
These models you say are the sandisk fit version or normal size(cruzer blade) ?
Both work, just make sure to rerun the installer (using a drive previously compatible) if the last time you ran it you were on a version before 1.5

@Aurelio bro good morning, something strange happened to me with rvloader 1.5 with the game Kamen Rider climax Heroes Fourse, if I load the game without the game cube controller connected to the Wii, the game loads normally, but if I connect the game cube controller to the Wii and to load the game it loads with black screen.

It seems I can get VC games working now after updating to 1.5, but no N64 wads work. Is this to be expected since I don't have an MX chip?
Also, I can't seem to get any cover art for the vc games working even after making sure they are 160x224px and in png format. I am naming them the same as the wad name. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

The only N64 wads that ran in my case was super mario 64 and Zelda OOT and sometimes run sometimes not, rvl 1.5 with MX chip.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It seems I can get VC games working now after updating to 1.5, but no N64 wads work. Is this to be expected since I don't have an MX chip?
Also, I can't seem to get any cover art for the vc games working even after making sure they are 160x224px and in png format. I am naming them the same as the wad name. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
Yes. Atm you need MX for N64 titles, I think for NES titles too. The MX chip contains font data for the systems, so it's required if you want to run them.

As for the covers, I'm not sure. You could try naming the images after the VC title ID instead of the file name

Yes. Atm you need MX for N64 titles, I think for NES titles too. The MX chip contains font data for the systems, so it's required if you want to run them.

As for the covers, I'm not sure. You could try naming the images after the VC title ID instead of the file name
Thank you very much. Naming the images after the VC title ID worked perfectly!

Nick_G

Hey,
I recently got VGA in my Wii and everything works perfect! Sadly yesterday I was going to play Resident Evil Zero (Gamecube) and somehow the VGA mod isn't working, it is as if the game forces the resolution back (even if the force progresive setting is on). I wanted to report this because I'm not sure if this is a failed instalation of RVLoader or if it is a bug. That said, this hasn't happened in any other game so it may only be that RE:Zero is special in that sense (I have tried every region iso and got the same result everytime :/ ). Be sure to tell me if I'm missing something.
Thanks!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
New release!

Changelog:
-Improved boot time (starting from second boot after changing theme files)
-Restructured themes structure (mainly affecting settings menus)
-Implemented PMS2 fan PID control and basic autotuning (requires PMS2/PMS2 lite on v1.2)
-Implemented PMS2 LED intensity control (requires PMS2/PMS2 lite on v1.2)
-Added compatibility with WS2812B LED for PMS2 status LED (requires PMS2/PMS2 lite on v1.2)
-Added volume control system configuration for RVLAMP
-Implemented Return-To-Loader combo in Hiidra (Z+R+B+Down). Currently only works if using at least one of the RVLHUD compatible boards

Note: After updating the PMS2/lite to version 1.2 you need to reboot your console to get the new features
Get it here: https://github.com/Aurelio92/RVLoader/releases/tag/v1.6

I've also a new beta version of Hiidra I've been working on that improves quite few things, but it's still a WIP, so if some of you want to test it please DM me on Discord

New release!

Changelog:

Get it here: https://github.com/Aurelio92/RVLoader/releases/tag/v1.6

I've also a new beta version of Hiidra I've been working on that improves quite few things, but it's still a WIP, so if some of you want to test it please DM me on Discord
congratulations my dear for this build, basic question who already has 1.5 installed, just copy the 1.6 files, or do you need to install it again?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
congratulations my dear for this build, basic question who already has 1.5 installed, just copy the 1.6 files, or do you need to install it again?
No need to rerun the installer this time, just copy the files