Staff member
Portables
Afaik there is no logging function available

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Well, so here's the weird thing.

I can start up New Super Mario Bros Wii just fine, just can't boot into the wii menu.

so then I tried starting up the game with the bt module's gnd wire disconnected, and it blackscreened. so I put the BT module gnd wire back and now it works again.

question, do you know a way to get the wii to output a log so i can at least get a clue of what is causing these crashes?
Did you enable bluetooth for NSMB Wii when you tested it?

Has multiple controller support been added to GC2Wiimote? The very first GC2Wiimote post implied that that might be added, but I haven't seen any updates on it.

I'm having some trouble installing RVLoader. Tried with two SD cards (one verbatim, one generic branded). According to the FAQ, samsung evo works well, but what is the best size is to use for this purpose?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm having some trouble installing RVLoader. Tried with two SD cards (one verbatim, one generic branded). According to the FAQ, samsung evo works well, but what is the best size is to use for this purpose?
Presonally I use 64GB Evo cards. They're a good balance of capacity to price

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sad! Is there no way to use RVLoader with multiple players then? It seems like wiimote + GC doesn't work either.
Who told you that? You can use wiimotes like normal if you relocate the BT module. You just don't enable the GC2Wiimote patch for the game and you can use up to 4 wiimotes just fine

Caveat is you have to boot into the system menu to perform the initial sync for the wiimotes as you can't sync them in RVLoader

Who told you that? You can use wiimotes like normal if you relocate the BT module. You just don't enable the GC2Wiimote patch for the game and you can use up to 4 wiimotes just fine

Caveat is you have to boot into the system menu to perform the initial sync for the wiimotes as you can't sync them in RVLoader
Sorry, my b for not being clear. I mean there's no way to play with a gamecube controller and a wiimote at the same time, from what it seems. Is that possible if you relocate the BT module?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sorry, my b for not being clear. I mean there's no way to play with a gamecube controller and a wiimote at the same time, from what it seems. Is that possible if you relocate the BT module?
Correct, It's not possible. It's one or the other

When will virtual console wads support be implemented? It seems to me that it has been quite a while since the last version of rvloader was
released. Was it discontinued?

dababy

No its still good. I think wads for Vc work if Bluetooth and mx are relocated. I may be wrong tho

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
When will virtual console wads support be implemented? It seems to me that it has been quite a while since the last version of rvloader was
released. Was it discontinued?
VC support has been implemented for a while. No, RVLoader was not discontinued, I'm actually working on it lately, just been super busy with life