RVLoader v1.6

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
I am having an issue here. I have a Wii-boy and downloaded version 1.1 of RVloader. I tried to access the home menu and my screen turned black. I understand that is an issue in the FAQs. My bigger issue is now my screen boots to black and safe mode does nothing either (I can't get anything beyond a black screen). Is there any possible fix to this, I would hate to think a small flick of a finger permanently bricked my system.

Edit: I managed to get system to boot again properly after some troubleshooting.

Last edited:
for some reason whenever i add a gamecube game, when i boot up the wii it just stays on the rvloader loading... screen and never loads how can i fix this?

Hello. I do not have a portable Wii and am not interested in doing so, but I am interested in using the GC2Wiimote controls. I have a few questions:
1) Can I use this without installing it? I only want to use it for the games that would benefit from GC2Wiimote, but I want to keep the system menu as the default.
2) Is this the easiest way to use GC2Wiimote?
3) Does GC2Wiimote make any permanent modification to my Wii?
4) Is it possible to make individual Wii game forwarders (like WiiGSC) for RVLoader?
5) Could GC2Wiimote ever be ported to another USB Loader?
6) When I attempt to boot up RVLoader, I get an error saying that FAT could not be initialized. My hard drive works with other homebrew apps. How do I fix this?
Thank you very much in advance!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
for some reason whenever i add a gamecube game, when i boot up the wii it just stays on the rvloader loading... screen and never loads how can i fix this?
This is probably caused by some incompatibility with your USB drive.

Hello. I do not have a portable Wii and am not interested in doing so, but I am interested in using the GC2Wiimote controls. I have a few questions:
1) Can I use this without installing it? I only want to use it for the games that would benefit from GC2Wiimote, but I want to keep the system menu as the default.
2) Is this the easiest way to use GC2Wiimote?
3) Does GC2Wiimote make any permanent modification to my Wii?
4) Is it possible to make individual Wii game forwarders (like WiiGSC) for RVLoader?
5) Could GC2Wiimote ever be ported to another USB Loader?
6) When I attempt to boot up RVLoader, I get an error saying that FAT could not be initialized. My hard drive works with other homebrew apps. How do I fix this?
Thank you very much in advance!
1) Yes, but make sure to have a IOS58 v6176 installed on your Wii.
2) It's the only way.
3) No.
4) Not currently, probably never, unless someone else does it.
5) Possibly, but that will be for someone else to do.
6) Is your hard drive formatted in FAT32? That's the only file system supported by RVLoader

Any way I can edit the nintendont config file for each game for some settings not listed? There's a few games I want using the same memory card and others I'd leave as per game saves

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Any way I can edit the nintendont config file for each game for some settings not listed? There's a few games I want using the same memory card and others I'd leave as per game saves
Not currently, no. I'll add real memory cards support for the next release TODO list

This is probably caused by some incompatibility with your USB drive.

1) Yes, but make sure to have a IOS58 v6176 installed on your Wii.
2) It's the only way.
3) No.
4) Not currently, probably never, unless someone else does it.
5) Possibly, but that will be for someone else to do.
6) Is your hard drive formatted in FAT32? That's the only file system supported by RVLoader
Thank you for the response. My USB drive is formatted as FAT32-is there any other reason why that error would pop up? I re-read the instructions and didn't realize that the archive was to be unzipped on the USB drive but that didn't change anything as I can not find a way to load homebrew off of a hard drive (HBC does not display any apps without an SD Card in, postloader gives an error when I switch the source for homebrew to USB)

Thank you for the response. My USB drive is formatted as FAT32-is there any other reason why that error would pop up? I re-read the instructions and didn't realize that the archive was to be unzipped on the USB drive but that didn't change anything as I can not find a way to load homebrew off of a hard drive (HBC does not display any apps without an SD Card in, postloader gives an error when I switch the source for homebrew to USB)
I think if you press 1 on your Wiimote you can choose where it loads the homebrew from

Hello, first of all, excellent work, I wanted to ask, can you run vr games because I have tried megaman 9 and 10.wad and it stays on a black screen

Is there a way to change the language of the Wii games?
I wait your answer...
Also thanks for this great contribution.!!!!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio Any chance that the rvloader will support USB drives on NTFS and sd card in the future?
No. RVLoader is made for portable Wiis and there's no need for NTFS for them.

Seems like you either didn't format it properly (make sure the partition table is MBR and not GUID), or your drive is simply not compatible with the Wii.

Hey, @Aurelio , is there any possibility that RVLoader can allow reconfiguration of game cube controls with GC+1.0?
Sadly not, it's a feature of GC+2.0.

Hello, first of all, excellent work, I wanted to ask, can you run vr games because I have tried megaman 9 and 10.wad and it stays on a black screen
Yes, but compatibility is not the best. Also WiiWare games require the MX chip to be connected to the Wii (assuming it's a trimmed one).

Is there a way to change the language of the Wii games?
I wait your answer...
Also thanks for this great contribution.!!!!
Not currently, but I'll look into that.