RVLoader v2.0

ahhh that’s what i was wondering about i saw a lot of adapters so i figured some people had a preference on storage ! thank you guys for elaborating !

MJMT

Portables
To expand on what Aurelio said, we used to favour the Kingston microSD to USB adapters because they were short and flat. They were ideal for use with the PMS-PD, had great RVLoader compatibility, they were cheap, and were readily available (not anymore sadly). There was no functional advantage to using them over other USB drives that fit the PMS-PD, they were just very convenient
https://www.walmart.com/ip/NOKIA-Po...-SDHC-Micro-SDXC/976529495?from=searchResults Here's the knock off of the Kingston adaptor. It works as far as I can tell.

Hi, this is my first time making a portable and i am running on a few problems. I have an untrimmed wii running rvloader from 2 years ago. Gamecube games run perfectly but when it comes to wii games hiidra says, Found HWAccess_ES2 at 000291AB and then i think it tries to load the game (the game is punch out) but it just turns into a bright green screen and freezes. Any sollutions? I have pictures if you need it.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi, this is my first time making a portable and i am running on a few problems. I have an untrimmed wii running rvloader from 2 years ago. Gamecube games run perfectly but when it comes to wii games hiidra says, Found HWAccess_ES2 at 000291AB and then i think it tries to load the game (the game is punch out) but it just turns into a bright green screen and freezes. Any sollutions? I have pictures if you need it.
What usb drive are you using?

Also small correction the error message says "Found HWAccess_ES2 at 000291A8" before it crashes not "Found HWAccess_ES2 at 000291AB"

Portables
I guess this is the place to report MicroSD card readers that are not compatible. From the past 2 hours of troubleshooting, I can confidently say that the official predecessor for the Kingston fcr-mrg2 is not compatible with the Wii's USB reader. It's model is listed below in full. It has issues being detected and will disappear from the Wii. It works fine when using it on a Windows system, so the component I got is not defective, it just isn't compatible. Plus it is on the thicker side so it isn't optimal for a portable anyways.

Kingston MobileLite Plus USB 3.2 microSDHC/SDXC UHS-II Card Reader (MLPM)
Hi, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Are you stating that the USB 3.2 reader is the predecessor to the FRC-MRG2, or that the predecessor to the FCR-MRG2 (the FCR-MRB) is not compatible? If the latter, may I please have the name of the microSD card you're testing?

I'm testing a few microSD cards in a 4-layer Wii against a few adapters right now, and about half the cards work with the FCR-MRB. Most of the readers don't work in my 6-layer Wii. A surprising number of USB 3.x flash cards work in 4-layer Wiis with RVLoader, but I'm focused on testing microSD cards right now.

Hi, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Are you stating that the USB 3.2 reader is the predecessor to the FRC-MRG2, or that the predecessor to the FCR-MRG2 (the FCR-MRB) is not compatible? If the latter, may I please have the name of the microSD card you're testing?

I'm testing a few microSD cards in a 4-layer Wii against a few adapters right now, and about half the cards work with the FCR-MRB. Most of the readers don't work in my 6-layer Wii. A surprising number of USB 3.x flash cards work in 4-layer Wiis with RVLoader, but I'm focused on testing microSD cards right now.
Here is the name of the product on Amazon:

Kingston MobileLite Plus USB 3.2 microSDHC/SDXC UHS-II Card Reader (MLPM)

And here's the link:
www.amazon.com/dp/B085P5FDXQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I am not entirely sure about the MicroSD card's full, official name. It is a SanDisk ImageMate 32GB card.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I got the usb but i cant try it out right now because of some problems with my fan. If I try to boot up the game the motherboard will probably die
You can easily keep the wii on for few minutes without risking anything

Portables
Well it didnt work any other suggestions?
Can you please tell us which motherboard revision you are using? You can find that by removing the battery, as described in this guide in the section "2: Removing the battery tray":

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/revision-identification-guide.863/

Alternatively, can you provide us with the first 6 digits of your Wii's serial number, which is on a sticker on the side of your Wii? It will probably start with "LEF" or "LEH", for example "LEH17291548-6".

Last edited:
Can you please tell us which motherboard revision you are using? You can find that by removing the battery, as described in this guide in the section "2: Removing the battery tray":

https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/revision-identification-guide.863/

Alternatively, can you provide us with the first 6 digits of your Wii's serial number, which is on a sticker on the side of your Wii? It will probably start with "LEF" or "LEH", for example "LEH17291548-6".
C/RVL-CPU-01

Portables
Also I found that Virtual Console games dont consistantly boot up as well
Your Wii has a 6-layer motherboard. I've also had some issues with RVLoader running on USB drives on my 6 layer Wii. Unfortunately I haven't done any formal testing, but the few drives I've tested have lined up with the page named "USB Devices Compatibility List" on the site wiki.gbatemp.net. I currently have a 64GB USB 2.0 SanDisk Cruzer Fit (SDCZ33-064G-G35) in my 6-layer Wii with RVLoader. It's fairly stable as long as you don't do a lot of write like ripping a disk. The 32GB Cruzer Fit should also run fine. If you need to be able to rip disks, I've gotten the 16GB SanDisk Cruzer Switch to rip files, but can't find anywhere you could buy one. If you need to discuss further, it might be better to create a new thread, please.