RVLoader v1.6

Tenom

Hey,
is there anywhere a list where I can see which game is running flawless with rvloader and gc controller?
if not anyone can tell whether this works fine with mario party 8/9?

Do I have to install the RvLoader on a usb stick or the sd card is fine?
I saw a post in another thread, but I am not sure, can I use multiple GC controllers with RVloader? or is it only able to emulate 1 wii controller?

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for the reply. I actually don't use bbloader or RVloader that much, I prefer to use the homebrew channel. Do you think it's possible to fix this problem by reinstalling the homebrew channel?
The Homebrew Channel being upside down is normal. The developers made the UI flip upside down if people replace certain IOS modules that are unneccessary for normal use. RVLoader replaces some those modules to make the Wii trim-able and reduce/remove required relocations, which is essential for portablising. You can only "fix" the HBC if you uninstall RVLoader, which makes the Wii unable to be portablised without several VERY irritating relocations.

AngelMarc

Hey,
is there anywhere a list where I can see which game is running flawless with rvloader and gc controller?
if not anyone can tell whether this works fine with mario party 8/9?

Do I have to install the RvLoader on a usb stick or the sd card is fine?
I saw a post in another thread, but I am not sure, can I use multiple GC controllers with RVloader? or is it only able to emulate 1 wii controller?
Probably ALL Gamcube games. Metroid Prime Trilogy is a no for that.
RVLoader on a USB drive, formatted FAT32.

Hello guys
My portable wii it is in 50hz mode vga
But rvloader it is a 60hz mode at start.
Please help .
i not finf the option for modif this parametre
Thank you

Portables
You look like you have some experience with Wii portables, could you give me a hand? Could you send me files/place where you got your wii case. Help apreciated
So I'd advise looking at the main forum section, there's a "Guide Hub", a wii section which you found, a "Model Repository" which will have your necessary info. My models aren't available but there are models to work with here on the forum.

So I'd advise looking at the main forum section, there's a "Guide Hub", a wii section which you found, a "Model Repository" which will have your necessary info. My models aren't available but there are models to work with here on the forum.
Thank you again, you are a big help

Is it possible to use BBLoader to shrink and change the size of the image and put custom-sized black borders in the screen?

Everytime I try to launch Klonoa as wbfs the wii get stuck on green screen right before the game starts. Any ideas how to fix this? Super Mario Galaxy works just fine.
Thanks.

I think I asked this a long time ago but I really want to know whether we can get support for using the front sd card to load up games. I have used WiiFlow lite on a different Wii and it loads and plays games without issues but I like the instant menu of RVL loader better. Lots of my usb devices are a bit picky and another very plus is that I don't have to take out the SD card from the front. With usb you can possibly even break it. Can I make a request for this feature somewhere?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I think I asked this a long time ago but I really want to know whether we can get support for using the front sd card to load up games. I have used WiiFlow lite on a different Wii and it loads and plays games without issues but I like the instant menu of RVL loader better. Lots of my usb devices are a bit picky and another very plus is that I don't have to take out the SD card from the front. With usb you can possibly even break it. Can I make a request for this feature somewhere?
Several people have asked for this, but AFAIK it's not on the priority list and probably never will be. RVLoader is a software suite specifically built for portables, and there's no benefit to accomodating relocated SD cards when USB can do everything and is easier. Any use cases outside of portables are also outside of the software's purpose, so SD card support being added is very unlikely

zen834

Thank you guys for your hard work with this project! I just spent a while searching through past forum posts to see if my question has been answered already, and I don't really think it has. Now I know RVLoader is designed specifically for portable Wiis, but is there any way to use it (or a related software) to emulate a Wii remote/classic controller ONLY on the Wii system menu? Namely on non-portable Wiis, just to boot into software that natively supports GameCube controllers. I mainly use my Wii for things that support GameCube controllers; Mario Kart, Smash, virtual console, emulators, GameCube games, etc, so being able to get into these (and still going through the Wii menu) without having to use a Wii remote/classic controller would be incredibly nice, a feature I've always kinda hoped could be possible somehow. I know it can sort of be done by using Priiloader to autoboot into USB Loader GX and then load discs/apps through there, but that adds extra load time and generally feels kind of inauthentic. Not to mention certain things crash when loaded through USB Loader GX, like CTGP for example. But yeah, sorry if this question is ignorant/uninformed/annoying/has already been answered. I just figured that this is probably the best place to ask

Hello, can anyone help me, I’m trying to boot the wii menu but it goes to a black screen, however, I relocated the Bluetooth module so it should be working. However when I tried to install rvloader originally, it went to a stack dump crash, therefore I think there’s a problem with the nowifi iOS. What should I do now?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello, can anyone help me, I’m trying to boot the wii menu but it goes to a black screen, however, I relocated the Bluetooth module so it should be working. However when I tried to install rvloader originally, it went to a stack dump crash, therefore I think there’s a problem with the nowifi iOS. What should I do now?
Download and extract fresh files, boot into safe mode, and re-run the installer. Sometimes fixes issues like this.

Thank you guys for your hard work with this project! I just spent a while searching through past forum posts to see if my question has been answered already, and I don't really think it has. Now I know RVLoader is designed specifically for portable Wiis, but is there any way to use it (or a related software) to emulate a Wii remote/classic controller ONLY on the Wii system menu? Namely on non-portable Wiis, just to boot into software that natively supports GameCube controllers. I mainly use my Wii for things that support GameCube controllers; Mario Kart, Smash, virtual console, emulators, GameCube games, etc, so being able to get into these (and still going through the Wii menu) without having to use a Wii remote/classic controller would be incredibly nice, a feature I've always kinda hoped could be possible somehow. I know it can sort of be done by using Priiloader to autoboot into USB Loader GX and then load discs/apps through there, but that adds extra load time and generally feels kind of inauthentic. Not to mention certain things crash when loaded through USB Loader GX, like CTGP for example. But yeah, sorry if this question is ignorant/uninformed/annoying/has already been answered. I just figured that this is probably the best place to ask
I remember there being a separate custom IOS module to make an older version of the GC2Wiimote hack work in the sysmenu, but I don't remember where it is, I don't know whether it works with the current version in RVLoader, and IIRC it didn't allow the simultaneous usage of wiimotes while it was installed.

Someone with a better memory than me might know for sure

Download and extract fresh files, boot into safe mode, and re-run the installer. Sometimes fixes issues like this.
I did it, and the installer went off without a hitch, but I still can't go to the wii menu. What sould I try next?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I did it, and the installer went off without a hitch, but I still can't go to the wii menu. What sould I try next?
I don't know. Aside from trying a different BT module, I've got nothing

I don't know. Aside from trying a different BT module, I've got nothing

Well, so here's the weird thing.

I can start up New Super Mario Bros Wii just fine, just can't boot into the wii menu.

so then I tried starting up the game with the bt module's gnd wire disconnected, and it blackscreened. so I put the BT module gnd wire back and now it works again.

question, do you know a way to get the wii to output a log so i can at least get a clue of what is causing these crashes?