RVLoader v1.6

I have just released version 1.5: https://github.com/Aurelio92/RVLoader/releases/tag/v1.5
Changelog:

I know this seems like a minor update, but it took me longer than I hoped to understand where the issue was. So, after months of debugging and banging my head on the keyboard, I am pleased to say that SanDisk drives finally work, for real. This also brings back compatibility with the Samsung Fit Plus Drive which was lost during the transition from BBLoader to RVLoader.
I was hoping to add more features into this realese, but they will come in the upcoming days.

WARNING: In order to get the full USB compatibility, you need to run the installer again (if upgrading) before using any SanDisk drives. This is because priiloader also had to be modified in order to support the new USB drives.
In this version, IGR support was finally solved to be able to exit the wii games by returning to the rvloader menu without having to turn off the wii?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
In this version, IGR support was finally solved to be able to exit the wii games by returning to the rvloader menu without having to turn off the wii?
It isn't in the patch notes, so I'm guessing not.

Tried a couple Sandisk micro SD cards (64mb and 256mb) on 1.5 but the file system becomes corrupt after loading a few games. I was using the 64mb card on RVLoader 1.3 prior to 1.5 and it worked for a few months before any corruption. I did format them on a Mac (FAT32 32kb) so I’m going to try again formatted from Windows to make sure that’s not the issue.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Tried a couple Sandisk micro SD cards (64mb and 256mb) on 1.5 but the file system becomes corrupt after loading a few games. I was using the 64mb card on RVLoader 1.3 prior to 1.5 and it worked for a few months before any corruption. I did format them on a Mac (FAT32 32kb) so I’m going to try again formatted from Windows to make sure that’s not the issue.
With what adapter? So I could try replicating the issue. Also using GC or Wii games?

With what adapter? So I could try replicating the issue. Also using GC or Wii games?
Its a Sandisk adapter, they sometimes package them with the cards. I tried again formatting on my PC and had the same issue. Previous versions that didn’t support Sandisk cards it took over a month of use before I saw any corruption. Version 1.5 it happens after a few launches of a Wii or VC game. It freezes up during the unpacking/loading process. The final result is the card no longer has a recognizable file system.

I’ll try the same adapter with a different brand card in the meantime.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Its a Sandisk adapter, they sometimes package them with the cards. I tried again formatting on my PC and had the same issue. Previous versions that didn’t support Sandisk cards it took over a month of use before I saw any corruption. Version 1.5 it happens after a few launches of a Wii or VC game. It freezes up during the unpacking/loading process. The final result is the card no longer has a recognizable file system.

I’ll try the same adapter with a different brand card in the meantime.
Can you post here a pic and/or the part number of the adapter?

Hi i have a problem with the RVLoader.
I wanted to play the Wii game "New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat"
and i stumbled across a little problem while i was trying out the game with the GC-Controller.

The "shaking nunchuck" key bindings doesn't seem to be working.
I tried it out on several buttons and both sticks with all 3 possible nunchuck shaking keys.

So my question is:
Am i missing something here?
Or does the "shaking nunchuck on button/stick" option just don't work on the current version onf RVloader?

The game makes heavily use of the nunchuck shaking (for bigger enemies, the level end, etc).
So it would be a bummer if there isnt any solution for this.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi i have a problem with the RVLoader.
I wanted to play the Wii game "New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat"
and i stumbled across a little problem while i was trying out the game with the GC-Controller.

The "shaking nunchuck" key bindings doesn't seem to be working.
I tried it out on several buttons and both sticks with all 3 possible nunchuck shaking keys.

So my question is:
Am i missing something here?
Or does the "shaking nunchuck on button/stick" option just don't work on the current version onf RVloader?

The game makes heavily use of the nunchuck shaking (for bigger enemies, the level end, etc).
So it would be a bummer if there isnt any solution for this.
It's currently unsupported, but hopefully soon it will be

I didn't even need to install it bro, I just clicked install and installed it again, 2 bugs that people will find when installing, one of them is the Home Brew Channel bug upside down, but this bug can be fixed with the "DOP-Mii WiiBrew Edition v16" and the second bug is the Virtual Consoles games installed on the wii and passed to the SD card that lost authentication to load them, after installing the RVloader (leave the Wiifi patch at No if you want to use wiifi on the wii) and the (VGA in No case it will not be used on a VGA monitor) install this IOS for the Virtual console passed to the sd card back to have Authentication, if even so they do not authenticate when loading, install the VC through Wad Manager and reinstall the same to clear the cache and function normally.
Hi! Can you help me? Are you able to open Virtual Console games smoothly in the new version of RVLoader? Can you explain to me how I can run them? When I try, it freezes on a black screen...

i had this issue than realized my file directory for gc roms was wrong after fixing where the roms were it resolved hope this helps
The GC and Wii games work perfectly, only the Virtual Console games are unfortunately not coming...

Hey everyone in rvloader i am not able to load gc games at all, nothing shows up and im pretty sure i have the files stored correctly if anyone wants to take a look any help is great.
The file has to be written "game.iso"

dababy

oh damn thanks i cant believe i missed that its all working fine now. another random note that i dont care about too much, when i first boot the wii with rvloader there is a green flash on the screen does anyone else have this?? thanks again

Portables
Need help I was on rvloader 1.4 everything worked great then decided to update to 1.5 now most of my games won’t load they freeze or give me a green screen. Can I simply run the 1.4 version and downgrade or is there a process?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Need help I was on rvloader 1.4 everything worked great then decided to update to 1.5 now most of my games won’t load they freeze or give me a green screen. Can I simply run the 1.4 version and downgrade or is there a process?
You can downgrade simply by copying over the files from version 1.4. Though please give me more info about your setup so I can look into it

Portables
You can downgrade simply by copying over the files from version 1.4. Though please give me more info about your setup so I can look into it
thanks, I’m using a 4 layer trimmed wii with this adapter since the one that came from 4 layertech wasn’t working. This adapter worked great before and after trimmed only until I updated rvloader. Also i don’t know if this has anything to do with this topic but I get this message when trying to go the stock wii menu.
4C3D48DF-3EA8-4947-8EF1-C2055D231172.jpeg
D81BDD9A-D133-48D6-9DE7-57B7AB8A373C.jpeg
D18D8AFC-BA64-4B62-A33E-42EC0E94F91E.jpeg

UPDATE. I went back to 1.4 and now my games work but with the Kingston drive only.
1455F9B8-4BFB-4309-8B00-F8575FE68243.jpeg

Last edited:
@Aurelio
there are two games that I try to play through rvloader and they always have a black screen on boot unfortunately, they are Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes and Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Fourze if you could take a look it would be perfect bro, a hug.