RVLoader v1.6

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
>"Added option to enable cheat codes in gamecube titles"

I haven't found how to use the cheats. Is there something like a secret menu? :)
You gotta make a "codes" folder in the root of your USB drive, then save the codes you want for a game as a "[GAMEID].txt" file. Then rename the file extension from .txt to .gct. If cheats are enabled, all codes present in the file will be loaded on boot.

More details here https://www.zeldacodes.org/downloads/nintendont

You gotta make a "codes" folder in the root of your USB drive, then save the codes you want for a game as a "[GAMEID].txt" file. Then rename the file extension from .txt to .gct. If cheats are enabled, all codes present in the file will be loaded on boot.

More details here https://www.zeldacodes.org/downloads/nintendont

Thanks) I have a folder with codes. So Im just need to enable cheats in the application Nintendont itself first and run game from there? Not from the RVloader GC game list?

And does cheats works for Wii games? Where is option to turn on cheats then? ^_^

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks) I have a folder with codes. So Im just need to enable cheats in the application Nintendont itself first and run game from there? Not from the RVloader GC game list?

And does cheats works for Wii games? Where is option to turn on cheats then? ^_^
RVLoader uses Nintendont to run GC games, so just enabling cheats and running the game from RVLoader should work. I have no idea how to do Wii cheats, never used them before.

ArStar

Does enabling the VGA patch disable y/c (s-video) like it disables component, considering they use the same lines off of the AVE?

I would like to know when rvloader will support WADS and emulators. All the virtualconsole WADS I tested didn't work. Updates to rvloader have taken a long time and sometimes it seems that it has been discontinued as the bbloader that doesn't move forward.

Portables
2 Working trimms, 0 Portables
Hello
First of all, say that im incredibly noob in this, so, maybe im asking help for a problem that doesn't even exist.
Now, im triying to trimm a 6 layer 01 Wii, I installed RVLoader and try some games a riped, and everything looked cool.
Then, i checked the 6 layer guide, and looked that NoWiFi had to be installed, something like that looked to be in the console when I instaled the Loader, I also set to Yes when it asked to pach the wifi, so I though everything was nice.
I took apart the wii, and just in case, i took off the WiFi adapter, and the loader didn't load, just black screen. I put it back, and everything nice, so I can imagine that something went wrong. I tried to install it again, setting the wifi pach on and off a lot of times, trying a lot of conbinations, but nothing worked.
Am I asking something stupid, and wifi module should work like that before trimming? Im doing something wrong? I have to install NoWiFi apart from RVLoader if i have 6 layer motherboard?
Thank You.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I would like to know when rvloader will support WADS and emulators. All the virtualconsole WADS I tested didn't work. Updates to rvloader have taken a long time and sometimes it seems that it has been discontinued as the bbloader that doesn't move forward.
RVLoader already supports VC WADS, and all emulators that don't require the SD card slot should just work. Are you using the most up to date version of RVLoader?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have just released version 1.5: https://github.com/Aurelio92/RVLoader/releases/tag/v1.5
Changelog:
-Improved USB compatibility
I know this seems like a minor update, but it took me longer than I hoped to understand where the issue was. So, after months of debugging and banging my head on the keyboard, I am pleased to say that SanDisk drives finally work, for real. This also brings back compatibility with the Samsung Fit Plus Drive which was lost during the transition from BBLoader to RVLoader.
I was hoping to add more features into this realese, but they will come in the upcoming days.

WARNING: In order to get the full USB compatibility, you need to run the installer again (if upgrading) before using any SanDisk drives. This is because priiloader also had to be modified in order to support the new USB drives.

@Aurelio Is it just you only working on RVLoader? If so that's a lot for just one man :eyeroll:

And awesome you figured out the SanDisk issue, thank you!

kahve

How long should the loading screen last for? It has been 2 minutes and it is still loading. Does this mean a bad usb drive?

Sometimes it also spits out a core dump

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-28 at 12.02.35 PM.jpeg

Here is the dump i was talking about, sometimes it is stuck on the loading screen, other times I get this.

I have just released version 1.5: https://github.com/Aurelio92/RVLoader/releases/tag/v1.5
Changelog:

I know this seems like a minor update, but it took me longer than I hoped to understand where the issue was. So, after months of debugging and banging my head on the keyboard, I am pleased to say that SanDisk drives finally work, for real. This also brings back compatibility with the Samsung Fit Plus Drive which was lost during the transition from BBLoader to RVLoader.
I was hoping to add more features into this realese, but they will come in the upcoming days.

WARNING: In order to get the full USB compatibility, you need to run the installer again (if upgrading) before using any SanDisk drives. This is because priiloader also had to be modified in order to support the new USB drives.

One more wonderful update thank you bro, waiting for IGR support to be able to quit the wii games going back to the rvloader menu without having to turn off the wii and ask something I installed when it was bbloader and since then I've only been changing the files from the apps folder, do you think I need to uninstall and reinstall rvloader from scratch? a hug and a great end of the year.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
How long should the loading screen last for? It has been 2 minutes and it is still loading. Does this mean a bad usb drive?

Sometimes it also spits out a core dump

View attachment 20602
Here is the dump i was talking about, sometimes it is stuck on the loading screen, other times I get this.
It's definitely something related to the USB. What drive are you using? Can you try with another one?

One more wonderful update thank you bro, waiting for IGR support to be able to quit the wii games going back to the rvloader menu without having to turn off the wii and ask something I installed when it was bbloader and since then I've only been changing the files from the apps folder, do you think I need to uninstall and reinstall rvloader from scratch? a hug and a great end of the year.
No need to uninstall anything. What you did is fine

It's definitely something related to the USB. What drive are you using? Can you try with another one?

No need to uninstall anything. What you did is fine
I didn't even need to install it bro, I just clicked install and installed it again, 2 bugs that people will find when installing, one of them is the Home Brew Channel bug upside down, but this bug can be fixed with the "DOP-Mii WiiBrew Edition v16" and the second bug is the Virtual Consoles games installed on the wii and passed to the SD card that lost authentication to load them, after installing the RVloader (leave the Wiifi patch at No if you want to use wiifi on the wii) and the (VGA in No case it will not be used on a VGA monitor) install this IOS for the Virtual console passed to the sd card back to have Authentication, if even so they do not authenticate when loading, install the VC through Wad Manager and reinstall the same to clear the cache and function normally.

kahve

i tried an another usb drive and it still doesn't work - can this be because of my wiring?

kahve

Show us photos and we can have a look
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-30 at 4.18.30 PM.jpeg

the usb female connectors were cut off from the wii motherboard, and i made sure there were no shorts between the layers. am measuring 4.7v between power and ground, twisted a pair of wire for data and currently getting the dsi exception after a long loading screen when booted up

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
View attachment 20618
the usb female connectors were cut off from the wii motherboard, and i made sure there were no shorts between the layers. am measuring 4.7v between power and ground, twisted a pair of wire for data and currently getting the dsi exception after a long loading screen when booted up
Hmmmmm. What SD card readers did you try before? Do you have one of the recommended Kingston ones?

Also, what gauge is that blue wire? 22AWG stranded wire is needed for supplying power and ground to the Wii, else the system can encounter various issues caused by insufficient power delivery.