RVLoader v1.6

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Right. Is there any compatibility lists for RV Loader? Would be handy. I only really want to map games that I can complete fully which have 100% RV loader compatibility. Also I've installed the games that are GC controller compatible as a start. However Metal Slug and others are stating that's there's no GC controller plugged in. Others work fine. Is this also an incompatibility issue with the loader? Might have to try mapping those with Wii controls. Finally is there anyway you can import mii's. The mii import app only works with SD from what I can remember so it probably won't work from HB in the RV loader menu? I bought a pre assembled Ashida as I'd tried and failed to do my own. When I select the Wii menu from RV loader nothing happens. Just goes black. I'm guessing the person who assembled it hasn't completely modded this correctly hence I'm getting a black screen?
RVLoader compatibility is pretty good, but far from perfect. There are a fair few niche titles (some of which are emulator packs like Megaman and Metal Slug) that don't work properly. If you have a list of games that aren't working correctly, then this is the right thread to post it in. Aurelio checks this thread periodically for new issues to investigate.

In the meantime, can you confirm that you haven't accidentally enabled BT module emulation on Metal Slug? If BT emulation is enabled, then the GC+ is no longer recognised as a Gamecube controller by that game.

Hi. Yes. Bluetooth isn't enabled but keeps asking me to connect a GameCube controller. I've managed to map it with Wii remote controls which was pretty easy so it's now playable. I've also got an issue with Castlevania Judgement. It boots to black screen. I've redumped the pal and NTSC versions and they both do the same.

Hi.

I seem to be struggling to map Sonic All Star Racing for the Wii. Classic Controller mapping does work doesn't it?

Wii remote extension= Classic Controller
WR IR Mode = Shift
WR IR = Stick

I've mapped my a and b buttons but their not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi.

I seem to be struggling to map Sonic All Star Racing for the Wii. Classic Controller mapping does work doesn't it?

Wii remote extension= Classic Controller
WR IR Mode = Shift
WR IR = Stick

I've mapped my a and b buttons but their not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Classic Controller emulation isn't implemented yet

Hi. Right. That explains it. Are you still working on this or is it done? That's not me been disrespectful but there's been no update for a while. I absolutely appreciate the work. Utterly brilliant and you should be very proud of what has been achieved.. I've no experience of coding. If I did I'd truly help.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi. Right. That explains it. Are you still working on this or is it done? That's not me been disrespectful but there's been no update for a while. I absolutely appreciate the work. Utterly brilliant and you should be very proud of what has been achieved.. I've no experience of coding. If I did I'd truly help.
GC2Wiimote is definitely going to be addressed and improved in the near future

Great. That's good news. I wish there was a database of Wii controls per game. The wiki traditional controls are a starting point but there's so many games that can be ignored as they only have tilt and swing methods. I'm slowly working through my Wii top 250 and then looking at controls per game. Gonna take me a while. One thing I didn't understand is that all but 3 of the Lego games can be mapped. Batman 2 superheroes has the same controls as the others but doesn't work. Same for Lego LOTR. Not sure why.

Does shake in GC2Wiimote work? I'm mapping buttons to it for Crash Mind over Mutant but can't seem to get it to function.