RVLoader v1.6

Cralex

I am hoping to get my first Wii portable from a fellow BB user soon, and deeply excited to experience all of the remarkable advances that RVLoader has brought to modern Wii Portables. (I have a regular Wii as well, but it’s a family edition so there’s not much point installing RVLoader on it, as much as I’d prefer to.)

Out of curiosity, is there a list of Wii games that either can’t work with GC2Wiimote, or would be too impractical to map? For instance, I can’t picture anyone playing WarioWare Twisted on a portable without Bluetooth.

Last edited:

Mii

Hello there,
a little while ago I installed bbloader and am currently
stuck on the GC screen (I don't know if I placed the gamecube iso in the wrong spot but nothing shows up)
not that matters anyway because I don't have a gamecube controller.
is there a way to upgrade to RVLoader without a GC controller?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello there,
a little while ago I installed bbloader and am currently
stuck on the GC screen (I don't know if I placed the gamecube iso in the wrong spot but nothing shows up)
not that matters anyway because I don't have a gamecube controller.
is there a way to upgrade to RVLoader without a GC controller?
You can install RVLoader using a Wiimote, yes. The upgrade instructions are in the OP of this thread.

As for GC titles not showing up, make sure they're correctly named and in the correct folders. This thread has the details https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/setting-up-wii-and-gamecube-games.3583/

Luca

Just making an error report here that none of the Tales of Monkey Island Wiiware games work. They install, but produce a black screen when ran.

Situation:
non-trimmed Wii in shell
Wifi, bt, MX present
gc2wiimote enabled/disabled makes no difference
VGA patches are enabled but via composite I'm getting the same
Wifi is not patched out

I've tried the WADs on Dolphin and they work fine, I've also ran VC titles on the Wii and they work fine too.
RVLoader v1.1 by the way!

kahve

Hey @Aurelio and thanks for your hard work! My question is what is the exact reason SanDisk drives aren't supported?

I updated from BBloader 1.3 to RVloader 1.1 yesterday, and now Im experiencing what seems like USB compatibility issues.
Sometimes id have a similar issue with BBloader, where it would act as if no USB were inserted, but after 1-4 restarts it would snap out of it.
with RV loader ive managed to get in to the menu once out of maybe 20 times trying. sometimes it will boot into a black screen. I havent gotten back since. Im wondering if I can revert back to BB loader until the issue is resolved.

My USB is a Samsung FIT plus from amazon:
SAMSUNG FIT Plus USB 3.1 Flash Drive 128GB - (MUF-128AB/AM)

Hey everybody,
I do some tests before cutting my Wii, the GC games work perfectly but when I try to launch the WII games, I always have the same error message that appears (Found HWAccess_ES2 at 000291A8). Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance and congratulations again for your incredible work!

(Great picture by the way!)
IMG_2038.JPG

Hey everybody,
I do some tests before cutting my Wii, the GC games work perfectly but when I try to launch the WII games, I always have the same error message that appears (Found HWAccess_ES2 at 000291A8). Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance and congratulations again for your incredible work!

(Great picture by the way!)
View attachment 17968
I would try to redownload RVLoader again and make sure that you copied the files over correct. Also post your USB you are using. Or maybe try a different USB. Could be a compatibility issue?

xl22

Hello rvloader no wifi rvloader reinstalled not even wifi what could be the problem?

I would try to redownload RVLoader again and make sure that you copied the files over correct. Also post your USB you are using. Or maybe try a different USB. Could be a compatibility issue?
Hi,
I used another brand of USB stick and it works! Thanks a lot for your help!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have just released version 1.2: https://github.com/Aurelio92/RVLoader/releases/tag/v1.2
This is a minor update, which is mostly for users with a PMS2. I am working on other things behind the scenes, mostly to increase the overall compatibility of Hiidra, but it's still far from release.
Changelog:
-Added option to disable GC memory card emulation (thanks nold!)
-Added option in the PMS2 settings to enable shipping mode
-Added Wii temperature viewer in the top right corner (requires PMS2 with a connected NTC)

Got a way to use 2 simultaneous gamecube controllers?
I just installed RVLoader, just quite layman on the subject yet.

Last edited:
You're doing great @Aurelio ! Thanks a lot for your incredible job ! On the other hand I don't know if it's me but when I enter the GC games menu and I want to change the options by pressing "B", RVL Loader seems to freeze. Does anyone else have this problem?

xl22

hello rv loader wii games gc controler setting image plise? Nunchuck setting gc analog joystick? motion plus setting? plise controler setting image ?

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Hello rvloader no wifi rvloader reinstalled not even wifi what could be the problem?
hello rv loader wii games gc controler setting image plise? Nunchuck setting gc analog joystick? motion plus setting? plise controler setting image ?
Please.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
My Wii isn't portablized, but thanks to RVLoader I am now able to play most levels of New Super Mario Bros. Wii with a gamepad (Old Skool Digital Controller), without resorting to emulation. So great!