RVLoader v1.6

Hey all, I've just installed a fresh RVLoader 1.2 on a wii I intend to trim. I've got Zelda Promo Collection (PZLE01 - GC) and New SMB (SMNE01 - Wii) on my USB for testing. Booting into gamecube game was flawless. However, when I try to load the wii game I get stuck on the Hiidra splash screen with "FSAccessPatch: 93A112FE" on the bottom of the screen. Any ideas? Looking at a couple of replies above at post #109 it could be USB, so I'll need to go order the most compatible USB drive. But in the meantime I'm stuck with my no-name usb.

Hi, I think your problem is with your USB stick, I had a similar problem with a bad USB stick. I changed it and it solved my problem.

Hi, I think your problem is with your USB stick, I had a similar problem with a bad USB stick. I changed it and it solved my problem.
suspected as much, thanks! I have an EVO microSD - just ordered all I need from 4layer so the adapter is on it's way!

When i try to run a VC, freezes in load screen: Launching/dev/usbfs/vc/anywad.wad
Some VC games load and freeze: You will need the Classic Controller

When VC games will really run?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey y'all, long time lurker, first time asker: I've managed to get RVLoader v1.2 onto my Wii and can successfully play Wii games from WBFS files but none of the GC iso files I drop into the "games" folder will come up. Any ideas on what might be going on?

I'm a numpty - file explorer doesn't show the file extension, so I had actually named it game.iso.iso, didn't realise until I copied the file path...

Thanks for you help Taradiel!

Hi, I'm new to Rvloader and bitbuilt in general. I had the same problem as Mooney664 but still can't grasp what I'm doing wrong. Could someone send me a picture of what their games folder directory looks like for reference?
Screenshot (19).png
Screenshot (19).png

Last edited:
usb//games/nameofgamefolder/game.iso

Games need to be literally called "game", I'm on mobile at work ATM so can't send file path. If you can show yours, might be able to spot what's wrong

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I found the saves folder but my gamecube games still say that the memcard is missing and no data will be saved. Was I supposed to emulate a memcard with Nintendont or was their something else I needed to do?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I found the saves folder but my gamecube games still say that the memcard is missing and no data will be saved. Was I supposed to emulate a memcard with Nintendont or was their something else I needed to do?
It's supposed to do that automatically, but you can try presing B on the game in the RVLoader menu and check if memory card emulation is enabled. IIRC an option for that was added in one of the recent updates, so it's possible that it may have defaulted to being disabled. Other than that, I'm not sure

It's supposed to do that automatically, but you can try presing B on the game in the RVLoader menu and check if memory card emulation is enabled. IIRC an option for that was added in one of the recent updates, so it's possible that it may have defaulted to being disabled. Other than that, I'm not sure
Is the "Save" file created when Rvloader gets installed, when you load up a game, or is it already made when dragging the rvloader files into the usb's root directory? Also I checked the setting for my Metroid Prime iso and it only gave me options about changing the video settings.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is the "Save" file created when Rvloader gets installed, when you load up a game, or is it already made when dragging the rvloader files into the usb's root directory? Also I checked the setting for my Metroid Prime iso and it only gave me options about changing the video settings.
Nintendont creates a virtual 59 block memory card on first launch for that game. You could try looking at the Nintendont settings and see if virtual cards are disabled there. Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Nintendont creates a virtual 59 block memory card on first launch for that game. You could try looking at the Nintendont settings and see if virtual cards are disabled there. Other than that, I'm not sure what to suggest.
Ok I'll check, I think that it could have been a bad download by rvloader because when I boot it up it displays 1.3 but there are not cheat settings and nothing about memcard, also when I look at the about page it says Rvloader v1.2