RVLoader v1.6

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I did a stupid move, I selected vga and instead of forcing video output to check that it worked, I took apart the wii and trimmed the board. Is it likely that it was installed correctly and I dont need to worry about it? or should plan on getting a new wii? I followed all the steps, the only thing I didnt do was double check it was installed
Should be fine. If somehow the VGA installation failed, you can use composite video to re-run the installer on the trimmed Wii.

Thank you for this! This is basically perfect for my soft-modded Wii. I don't know much about any of this, and I know you don't plan to support usb controllers. Does Fakemote change that? I haven't yet tried installing RVLoader and Fakemote on the same system, and they're probably incompatible with eachother, but having them together would be *chef's kiss*! The only thing I'm missing is a high quality Wii video output solution which hopefully the Direct Drive will be able to fix (sidenote, a version of the Direct Drive with HDMI out that could be installed in stock systems would be beautiful to see from 4Layer).

dababy

hey everyone this is kinda random but would a 5 inch raspberry pi screen be good for a g wii portable??

PS im sorta a noob

dababy

sry another question, im building a gwii but need the usb c to regular usb for data transportation/power but i cant seem to find one:\ any info/help would be awesome.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
sry another question, im building a gwii but need the usb c to regular usb for data transportation/power but i cant seem to find one:\ any info/help would be awesome.
Search for "USB-A to USB-C cable". The big rectangle USB ports are designated USB-A, so sometimes when you just search for "USB-C cable" it just shows you cables with USB-C plugs on both ends.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thank you for this! This is basically perfect for my soft-modded Wii. I don't know much about any of this, and I know you don't plan to support usb controllers. Does Fakemote change that? I haven't yet tried installing RVLoader and Fakemote on the same system, and they're probably incompatible with eachother, but having them together would be *chef's kiss*! The only thing I'm missing is a high quality Wii video output solution which hopefully the Direct Drive will be able to fix (sidenote, a version of the Direct Drive with HDMI out that could be installed in stock systems would be beautiful to see from 4Layer).
Fakemote is not compatible with RVLoader as of now. This might change in the future, we'll see

dababy

sry i wrote the message wrong im looking for the usb-c pcb, not cable (my bad) do i just need a breakout board?

In case someone of you needs to bring the Wii back to normal use (RESTORING DVD DRIVE FUNCTIONALITY AND WIFI/BT MODULE) just follow these steps:

google for these 3 files:
  • IOS36-64-v3608.wad
  • IOS58-64-v6176.wad
  • IOS80-64-v6944.wad
copy these 3 files in your sd card and put it into the Wii.
open Wad Manager.
uninstall each one of these three Wads and re-install them.
HARD RESTART YOUR WII!
now your DVD Drive and Wi-Fi/BT are working again.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
In case someone of you needs to bring the Wii back to normal use (RESTORING DVD DRIVE FUNCTIONALITY AND WIFI/BT MODULE) just follow these steps:

google for these 3 files:
  • IOS36-64-v3608.wad
  • IOS58-64-v6176.wad
  • IOS80-64-v6944.wad
copy these 3 files in your sd card and put it into the Wii.
open Wad Manager.
uninstall each one of these three Wads and re-install them.
HARD RESTART YOUR WII!
now your DVD Drive and Wi-Fi/BT are working again.
You what? You only have to re-run the installer in safe mode to enable wifi (if you patched it out) and then set priiloader to boot to sysmenu. The DVD drive and BT module aren't disabled, there's no need to fuck around with wads

Composite will work if using standard issue AV cables and the mode pin is not shorted to 3.3v. Component (YPbPr) is the one that will not work if the VGA patch is enabled, due to the YPbPr lines also being used for VGA RGB output.
How can I reverse it? I accidentally enabled the VGA

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
How can I reverse it? I accidentally enabled the VGA
Hold L+R+Z on your GC controller while booting the Wii to enter safe mode. From there you can run the installer again and choose different options

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
>"Added option to enable cheat codes in gamecube titles"

I haven't found how to use the cheats. Is there something like a secret menu? :)