RVL-PMS-2

On the RVL-PMS-2 do you still have to cut the trace for the u10 and remove the components that you have to when you are relocating to u10 if you are using the u10 replacement pin?
Sorry if this is a confusion question.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yes, you still need to remove U5 and the surrounding components, and cut the trace.

Ignore me I am the dumb

Last edited:

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Yes, you still need to remove U5 and the surrounding components, and cut the trace.
Are you sure about this? I don't think so. The reason we do that is because we're soldering U10 in place of U5. The trace is cut to prevent the pad that's soldered down as the U10 output from being connected elsewhere. With the PMS2, the U10 IC is not used at all.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
On the RVL-PMS-2 do you still have to cut the trace for the u10 and remove the components that you have to when you are relocating to u10 if you are using the u10 replacement pin?
Sorry if this is a confusion question.
No you do not need to remove the U10 or any of the other components if you are using the U10 pin on the PMS2. The reason we do that is to sever the trace between the U5 and the CPU, so we can reuse the footprint and run our own wire instead. If you arent using the U5's pad as a mounting point for the U10, you do not need to make modifications to that segment of the board that are normally required for the U10 relocation

No you do not need to remove the U10 or any of the other components if you are using the U10 pin on the PMS2. The reason we do that is to sever the trace between the U5 and the CPU, so we can reuse the footprint and run our own wire instead. If you arent using the U5's pad as a mounting point for the U10, you do not need to make modifications to that segment of the board that are normally required for the U10 relocation
Okay thanks this helps a lot.