Question RVL PMS 2 Questions/Problems

Hi Everyone,

I have a few issues and questions regarding the new PMS.
  • The battery led shows red when it is at 50% charged and green when it is on low battery. Not sure if this is intentional.
  • The Battery current is showing as negative in RVLoader. This could be why the LED indicator is backwards since it thinks the battery current is less than zero.
  • Will there be a shipping mode or disable led feature like the old PMS? Wasn't sure if this was planned or removed.
Here are some supporting images:
Status menu
image1.jpg

Power settings menu
imag2.jpg

RVL PMS Board wiring
image3.jpg

SCW and SDW wiring
image4.jpg

Not sure if these images help much but I believe my wiring is correct.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The battery current is negative when it is powering the wii, and positive current when the batteries are charging.

Okay cool I wasn't sure. Also is the LED supposed to be Red when the battery is charged and green when charging?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
We are going to look into it and make a test. I'll get back to you.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I tested the addressable led and I have the same result you experience. The datasheet of the one we purchase for the pms leads on that it is the same as any other ws2812 led however this one seems to be different. There are many styles of addressable leds out there however they are not all the same. We are going to make another test and create a new firmware for it soon to address the colors. So continue what you are doing and it only takes a moment to update the firmware of the pms from rvloader.

Okay awesome! Just wasn't sure if I was wiring anything wrong wire since it seemed to be the opposite as the original PMS.