RVL PMS 2/Lite Re stock and Alternatives

jhl106

Hello Everyone!

I'm hoping to attempt my first Wii portable and was looking on 4 layers to get all the parts. However, given that both PMS's are out of stock, what are my options?

Viilmo

Portables
Hello Everyone!

I'm hoping to attempt my first Wii portable and was looking on 4 layers to get all the parts. However, given that both PMS's are out of stock, what are my options?
PTH8080s or an RVL-PSU. You'll need to wait over a month for RVL-PSU because the chip is sold out and only way to get it is thru Aliexpress.

jhl106

Thanks!!! Any what additional power management/charging board I may need buy as well?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Hello Everyone!

If this is your first rodeo with portablizing, I would highly advise against using PTH regs or a PSU for a portable, you'll need an additional lithium charging / protection circuit, and the overall wiring is going to be a lot more complicated. There's a new prototype of the PMS Lite that's currently undergoing testing, once the boys over at 4Layer deem it good, it'll be back in stock (hopefully soon). So, if you want to make a portable, I would highly advise waiting a bit longer for the PMS to come back in stock.

On another note, if you want to dip your toes into portablizing without the expense of a portable, I would highly recommend starting with something like the Noldendo Miicro. It's much easier to build, and a lot cheaper than a portable. You can either use PTH regs or a PSU for that build. As modio posted above, I am selling some premade PSUs if you'd be interested in going this route!

jhl106

If this is your first rodeo with portablizing, I would highly advise against using PTH regs or a PSU for a portable, you'll need an additional lithium charging / protection circuit, and the overall wiring is going to be a lot more complicated. There's a new prototype of the PMS Lite that's currently undergoing testing, once the boys over at 4Layer deem it good, it'll be back in stock (hopefully soon). So, if you want to make a portable, I would highly advise waiting a bit longer for the PMS to come back in stock.

On another note, if you want to dip your toes into portablizing without the expense of a portable, I would highly recommend starting with something like the Noldendo Miicro. It's much easier to build, and a lot cheaper than a portable. You can either use PTH regs or a PSU for that build. As modio posted above, I am selling some premade PSUs if you'd be interested in going this route!

Thank you!!! Sounds like I'll hold off until everything is back in stock on 4Layer!