Solved RVK-01 Issues

Hey guys, I purchased a Wii that happened to be an RVK motherboard. Softmodding it was impossible and it threw me every error code in the book practically and it would not install PortablizeMii.

Just picked up another Wii, also happens to be an RVK unfortunately, and I have the same issues.

Are the different than the CPU-40s? Every CPU-40 wii has been a breeze to work with. I am currently where PortablizeMii actually installed but freezes after a few seconds of being turned on and gives me an error screen with a bunch of coded text. Also it took about 10 times running cheese installer before it finally installed PortablizeMii as well. I've tried different flash drives and SD cards all with the same result... I used the same flash drive in my CPU-40 and it works perfectly...

Am I missing something?

Thank you guys in advance!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
They were probably hacked in the past, RVKs are identical except for the lack of GC ports and the disc drive doesn't support GC games (I actually used a RVK board in some initial PM work)

Try this

@cheese

Thank you for your help and response! I actually restored the wii, restarted from scratch using the MMM to install the wads manually and used your Cheese Installer, and everything went smoothly however PM keeps crashing after a few seconds. Is that just most likely USB related you think?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you can't get it working yourself, I could build you a fresh stock NAND image to clean any possible modded IOS issues. You just use bootmii to make a backup of your NAND, upload the nand.bin file somewhere and send the link to me in a PM.

@cheese

I reformatted the flash drive with different software and it is no longer crashing every few seconds and is working now. Thank you for your help!

@Stitches

You guys are so helpful here on the forums! Well I was able to get everything working except the bluetooth for the wiimote seems to disconnect and immediately reconnect after about 30 second increments of gameplay at a time. Sometimes it just flashes the blue lights and won't connect either and I'm getting the same results from two wiimotes. Also tried anotherr bluetooth module and I'm getting the same results as well. The motherboard and everything is in its original state as well meaning I haven't cut it or anything yet since I wanted to get the software working first of course. Would you suggest I start from scratch again with the stock nand restored? Thank you for offering to do that!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
@cheese

I reformatted the flash drive with different software and it is no longer crashing every few seconds and is working now. Thank you for your help!

@Stitches

You guys are so helpful here on the forums! Well I was able to get everything working except the bluetooth for the wiimote seems to disconnect and immediately reconnect after about 30 second increments of gameplay at a time. Sometimes it just flashes the blue lights and won't connect either and I'm getting the same results from two wiimotes. Also tried anotherr bluetooth module and I'm getting the same results as well. The motherboard and everything is in its original state as well meaning I haven't cut it or anything yet since I wanted to get the software working first of course. Would you suggest I start from scratch again with the stock nand restored? Thank you for offering to do that!
Never had that issue myself, so I can't vouch for even a fresh NAND fixing it. I'll suggest re-syncing the wiimotes in the system menu and copying the sysNAND config over again in Postloader, but that's the extent of my BT troubleshooting knowledge. Aurelio would know more, he's the major authority on the BT module afaik.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Never had that issue myself, so I can't vouch for even a fresh NAND fixing it. I'll suggest re-syncing the wiimotes in the system menu and copying the sysNAND config over again in Postloader, but that's the extent of my BT troubleshooting knowledge. Aurelio would know more, he's the major authority on the BT module afaik.
Welp!
@thedrew try deleting the file on your usb at /nands/pln2o/shared2/sys/SYSCONF and try syncing the Wiimote directly from Wii games. This way we can exclude any issue coming from the real nand.

@Stitches

Thank you for your help!

@Aurelio

I deleted the file you mentioned, booted up a wii game in PM, synced the wiimote while running emunand while in the game, and it still keeps disconnecting randomly with both wii remotes I have but not as frequent as before at least. I'm assuming there is nothing else I can do right? It works for the most part at least. Thank you for jumping in and responding Aurelio!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Stitches

Thank you for your help!

@Aurelio

I deleted the file you mentioned, booted up a wii game in PM, synced the wiimote while running emunand while in the game, and it still keeps disconnecting randomly with both wii remotes I have but not as frequent as before at least. I'm assuming there is nothing else I can do right? It works for the most part at least. Thank you for jumping in and responding Aurelio!
At this point I am not sure what to say. It's definitely not an issue with your nand, since when playing wii games everything is running on the emunand. You could try downloading a clean portablizemii package and replace the nands folder on your USB drive, just to clear that out as well.
Also do you have the same issue in the system menu as well? If you do then it's probably an hardware issue, might even be simply a problem with the bluetooth connector not making proper connection. If you don't, then try using another USB drive.