RPi Zero in a GBA SP Case?

As the title suggests, I want to use a GBA SP case with an RPi Zero. Of course, there are things like the GameBoy Zero, but I like the ability of closing the case (what can I say, I grew up with the DS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). How doable is this? It's likely a hard project, so I'd probably do something along the caliber of the GBZ first to gain some experience, but this would be my end goal. I'm thinking of using a 3DS slider and XY buttons.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I'd say it's doable. I've been thinking about doing the same thing once I wrap up my Wii project. It sounds like you've done some research, which is great. The one difficult thing will likely be wiring between the halves. I've heard other people talk about how difficult it is, so it would probably be smart to build one in a more standard shape to get a feel for how it works.

I found some 3D models of the two online, just to see how it would fit. Here they are from the top and the side.

It has already been done, so yeah, it’s possible :D
Yeah, I did see that, though I didn't quite like his build - I'd prefer things to be flush and in-line with what Nintendo already has (for example, his XY buttons aren't the same size as the AB buttons). Obviously, that makes it harder to do.

Instead of trying to find buttons that are the same size, why dont you just use the a,b,x,y ds lite buttons?