RKJXY Analog sticks. We need to find a source for these.

TodorSauce

The artist formerly known as Ashen
I found these a while back but the only place I've ever seen them used is on the GPD XD micro console that's made in china. They work boss though, and are super tiny. No converter required as they're standard 2k pots. Should work on any normal controller that uses the sticks as voltage dividers. We need to find where to get these.

http://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/PDF/MultiControl/Potentiometer/RKJXY/RKJXY.PDF

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
The RKJXU also looks like a 1:1 3DS stick. I don't remember if I've tried any of these(if I did it was at downing's place) but they look really promising.

I'm sure there's a place somewhere. Someone should check the usual channels, otherwise we may need to make an investment or something, heh.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
How different do they feel with respect to ps vita ones?

TodorSauce

The artist formerly known as Ashen
Vita sticks are garbage imo. I hate them. These have a much better range and feel much more like a "normal" analog stick. And yes, no converter needed.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Vita sticks are garbage imo. I hate them. These have a much better range and feel much more like a "normal" analog stick. And yes, no converter needed.
That's what I wanted to hear (I hate vita sticks too), thanks :)

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I've heard great things about the GPD XD's sticks. If they live up to the promises, this could become the new standard. Im interested. Maybe mega might want to stock them along with the other general purpose portablizing things he plans on getting, like regs. If not, this could be a potential item for the bitbuilt store

Noah

retired
Portables
Wouldn't be a bad item to stock in the potential BitBuilt store. If we can get a decent stock of 50 or so it'd be nice to let everyone be able to buy them without waiting weeks for shipping.

A group buy or forum stock would be epic, these sticks do look perfect.

I for one would put money in up front if other people are up for it.

I think part of this search is also to get away from sliders. At least it is for myself because they don't really feel like something I'd use to play GameCube, Wii, etc. sweet find nonetheless.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
We also need a source that supplies the caps too. How do these differ from 3ds sliders? I always liked the 3ds sliders

Noah

retired
Portables
They look like they're 1:1 clones. But I think they're a true 2k pot which means no more RDC boards as far as I'm aware.

I'd rather have the sticks myself, but each to their own. :)