Discussion RetroBit - Snes/NES

Anyone else have one of these? Saw one last christmas and picked it up for $100 at the mall.

Seems to be a pretty good portable that plays SNES Cartridges, and NES Cartridges with an adapter due to the large cartridge. My though on this, is it is a pretty well put together portable, the one thing that popped into my mind, is there has got to be a way to change the default software and softmod it to run off an SD Card to play the millions of ROMS, any thoughts on this? Anyone else have one, and play it at all?

Attachments

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
I have two of this i bought them on ebay for $40(broken :D ) luckily i had some parts from another one broken that i have,i fixed them and they are pretty good for a clone but i still prefer the original some of this have problems with the audio and the screen,I'm using a super everdrive with one of this and i play a lot of roms without a problem,i thing that's one way to play the ROMS

Last edited:
There's not a lot of 'hackable' software involved on these things. They use a SOC (system on a chip) clone of the old consoles with which they're compatible.

ROMs would in fact require a flashcart.

Or gutting the devices and replacing their electronics completely.

So your still playing Roms through ingiant cartridge hanging on the back? Or did you get it to load off internally?

There's not a lot of 'hackable' software involved on these things. They use a SOC (system on a chip) clone of the old consoles with which they're compatible.

ROMs would in fact require a flashcart.

Or gutting the devices and replacing their electronics completely.
That's what I thought, I guess I will just leave it as a portable cartridge player. Not the greatest thing in the world and severely over priced in my opinion. Ya know something the kids can play and throw around without touching my other more expensive projects