Question Red Board problems

So I hooked up the famous Red Board™ to my batteries, double checked the connections, and plugged it in. Problem is, one charger didn't charge them at all and the second one caused the red light to flicker quickly and the voltage to drop relatively quickly. The AC adapters have the same ratings and are tested and work for what they're supposed to power (polarity is correct). wut do.

Attachments

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Looks to be wired up correctly, this isn't as much an answer but more my experience (and I'd love to know a solution!).
Two things I've noticed (I'm a newbie user):
-My red light while charging always flickers
-If I test on the board vOut it gives a different potential to the potential across the batteries themselves

It also takes forever to charge :( I'd love to know if anyone's found a better alternative to this (smaller, faster, etc.)

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
My red LED has also started flickering recently, but seems to be charging normally enough. I'm using a 12v 3 amp charger and my batteries can get fully charged in about 8 hours, so I generally just charge it overnight. My batteries are in a 2S2P config. Interesting to hear that other people are having LED issues, I'm not sure what causes it.

I'd try connecting the red board to a load as some battery circuits need that before they can start charging. I can't remember if the red board is one of those.

Alas, After finally getting my wii to boot, my red board appears to be kill; it's stuck in an endless loop of """charging""", taunting me with that evil red light. Is there any way I can troubleshoot?