Question Really stupid idea

Jerd

Is it possible to essentially daisy chain a bunch of wiis exclusively by the gamecube ports so that you could control the inputs of multiple different wiis with one controller? To give context, I was just looking at one of my wii motherboards (one that has no gamecube ports) and since it has no ports, I thought it could be possible to connect the port of one wii to the one that has no ports.

I'm fully aware that this would fall under the degeneracy category. :P

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Step 1: Use Nintendont
Step 2: Buy a MayFlash GaneCube adapter for Switch/WiiU
Step 3: Plug that adapter into your Wii and run Nintendont
Step 4: Enjoy your non-jank solution of playing GameCube games on a Wii without GCC ports.

Jerd

Step 1: Use Nintendont
Step 2: Buy a MayFlash GaneCube adapter for Switch/WiiU
Step 3: Plug that adapter into your Wii and run Nintendont
Step 4: Enjoy your non-jank solution of playing GameCube games on a Wii without GCC ports.
I do know that this is a solution, I just wanted to humor the idea.

Edit: I probably should have prefaced with the fact I have a gc controller adapter and I've been using it to play gamecube games on it already

Is it possible to essentially daisy chain a bunch of wiis exclusively by the gamecube ports so that you could control the inputs of multiple different wiis with one controller? To give context, I was just looking at one of my wii motherboards (one that has no gamecube ports) and since it has no ports, I thought it could be possible to connect the port of one wii to the one that has no ports.

I'm fully aware that this would fall under the degeneracy category. :P
It won't work - the controller communications protocol is bidirectional over a single wire and is based on the assumption that the console is in charge and can talk whenever it wants, but the controller only responds when it's talked to. Trying to connect two consoles that both think they can transmit whenever they want ends up repeatedly corrupting either the poll packet sent to the controller or the controller response depending on the relative timing.