Discussion Reaching 12v with a step up 5v to 12?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Well, yeah they are real things, but I dunno how much use that's gonna be to you. USB specs charging at 500mA@5V (aka 2.5W) so that's gonna take forever to charge 12V cells (take your capacity in mAh and divide by 200 to get how long it would take to charge). Even at the fastest charging rate of some chargers, it is only 4x faster (so it will still take quite a while).

Also, just curious, what battery are you using?

I'm using theese "DC-1298A" 12.6v and 9800 mAh,I know theese are reported as possible fakes but they looks good ,I tried them and they work...
If they aren't good I'll buy other batteries

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
You shouldn't trust sellers of batteries that have been reported as fake. There is a reason that they have been reported like that. They may work but that doesn't mean they live up to what they claim. You could go on the street and buy a bootleg movie and be able to watch the film, but it would still be a shaky cam version.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
Where are you getting your bootlegs ?_?
I don't illegally download movies and such anymore, and I was thinking when I lived in Malaysia for a few years. There were always people trying to sell you American movies for cheap and they were always terrible quality.

Sorry I've not explained my self,the seller isn't reported as fake.I meant say that people say China batteries aren't good,but I wanted to try,maybe it was a stupid choose...Or maybe not. I intended to say that someone think that the capacity is fake,and maybe it is, anyway the batteries are here ,the money are gone and maybe I got a shi*,or maybe not.i only have to test them when I'll finish the gcp and then see.