Worklog RDP 64

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Finally I finished the case and Im starting to put everything inside,i wired my controller board to the 1mb memory pack as you can see here
View attachment 6136
View attachment 6137
Everything was working fine until I noticed something,the audio board was getting too hot for some reason,I don’t think that’s suppose to happen right? Anyway I was using 5v to power the amp so I switched to 3.3v and still the same thing,I already checked everything and I don’t see any problem with the wires.
This is the audio amp I’m using
View attachment 6140
View attachment 6141
So after trying to find the problem the right out speaker stopped working,I guess this board is dead now :(
Some time ago I bought two of this
View attachment 6142
but I can’t make them to work,I don’t know what I’m doing wrong,does anybody knows who to make it work on the 64 any help is welcome :)
For now that’s all i hope can fix this soon so I can move to the next project.
View attachment 6143
Those little amps won't work unless 5v and SDN are bridged.

Looking really good btw, the case is 10/10.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Oooh thats looking sick! Anyways, your issue with the little black amp may be that you have to wire the SDN pin up to 5v or whatever you input voltage is as well. If it isn't pulled high, then the amp won't output sound.

You aren't the first or probably the tenth to have that issue :awesome:

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
nice work! All that stuff looks so dope!

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
Thanks all of you for all the nice comments and the help I really appreciate that,the audio amp is now working Just can’t have the volume too high because the audio starts failing but it doesn’t affects the game at all I can still hear really good everything,I’ll try to get better speakers but for now I’m happy.
I can finally say that I finished my first portable :)
C92BEC67-F6A1-4D8E-8CF3-BDDDB66AB2F0.jpeg