E64

Portables
Part1.jpg
Part 2.JPG
DSCN2218.JPG
DSCN2219.JPG
View attachment 3257
Part 2.JPG
This is bungle's wiring guide only difference is that i mark down each pin that goes directly to the rcp & the PIF_NUS.
Pin 45 is needed for the everdrive in order for it to work
DSCN2218.JPG
DSCN2219.JPG

Proof Of Concept. took about at least 2hrs to find the pinouts and wiring it to the pins
Hope this helps out

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I seem to remember something was very wrong with bungle's guide but I don't remember what.

Anyways if you want the cart slot to be reliable and stable, it's better to relocate everything. Signals like return paths, so that means even the multiple GND and voltage lines.

E64

Portables
how long are the wires?
DSCN2245.JPG

I rewire it with 5' wires and it still works i had to get rid of the old wires in order to more advantage to move the cart slot

E64

Portables
I seem to remember something was very wrong with bungle's guide but I don't remember what.

Anyways if you want the cart slot to be reliable and stable, it's better to relocate everything. Signals like return paths, so that means even the multiple GND and voltage lines.
There wasn't anything wrong with bungle's guide
As for the cart slot goes it's stable i had to change my wire length that way i can move in the position i want it in

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
one more question,the wires you are using are 26 AWG or 28AWG?, i ask you because i tried to do this before but for some reason i never made it to work,maybe i used the wrong wires

GC64

Portables
28 does just fine. And it's honestly just worth it to wire all of it, despite the time it takes. The literal one downside to doing all is the space factor, but that's about it.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
It would be useful if you labeled the 3.3v and ground pins on the diagram. Also I'm curious how you successfully wired the cart slot to the RCP pins using thicker wire. close up pic please?

E64

Portables
one more question,the wires you are using are 26 AWG or 28AWG?, i ask you because i tried to do this before but for some reason i never made it to work,maybe i used the wrong wires
My 1st attempt was with regular wires from the controllers it was a real challenge to get them on the pins
But i eventually change them with thinner wires that are from ide cable like this
ide cable.jpg

E64

Portables
It would be useful if you labeled the 3.3v and ground pins on the diagram. Also I'm curious how you successfully wired the cart slot to the RCP pins using thicker wire. close up pic please?
I'll update it in a bit

E64

Portables
'
First i put some solder on the wire then snip it at a angle like this so the that it will be thin enough room from each pin and the other wires
and with some flux to help prevent the pins to stick to each other
DSCN2253.JPG

E64

Portables
rcp.jpg

Noah

retired
Portables
You can relocate cart slots with 30 gauge, probably 34 as well.

There's nothing "wrong" with Bungles guide but IIRC Marshall has stated it's best to use all of the 3V3 and GND lines (meaning wire all 50 or whatever it is)