Quick questions from a beginner

So I've sourced an LCD from an old portable DVD player, and i'm wondering if there's any way for me to get an av input to it for use in a Wii portable, the only connections it has is a single ribbon cable and two wires for power, should i just give up on it or is there some way for it to work in my project?
I also have a question about BMS's. For budgetary reasons I'm going to use a 2s BMS; would connecting a pair of batteries in parallel to each of its inputs be the same as connecting one battery to each, but with double the mAh, or would that require a 4s bms?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
So I've sourced an LCD from an old portable DVD player, and i'm wondering if there's any way for me to get an av input to it for use in a Wii portable, the only connections it has is a single ribbon cable and two wires for power, should i just give up on it or is there some way for it to work in my project?
I also have a question about BMS's. For budgetary reasons I'm going to use a 2s BMS; would connecting a pair of batteries in parallel to each of its inputs be the same as connecting one battery to each, but with double the mAh, or would that require a 4s bms?
It's way easier if you get rid of that screen and you buy a new one that comes with a driver board already.
Yes, you can put in parallel batteries without issues. Just make sure they are the same batteries and in the same conditions.

Last edited:
It's way easier if you get rid of that screen and you buy a new one that comes with a driver board already.
Yes, you can put in parallel batteries without issues. Just make sure they are the same batteries and in the same conditions.
Thank you for the quick response!