Question Quick Question

Portables
Hey bitbuilt! I've been working on an Ashida slowly, and I've just recently gotten power cables to mod the wii. Problem is, i dont have a disc drive, and i dont want to buy one if i dont have to. Is there anyone in the San Antonio, TX area that has a working drive they'd be willing to lend me?

Portables
Hey bitbuilt! I've been working on an Ashida slowly, and I've just recently gotten power cables to mod the wii. Problem is, i dont have a disc drive, and i dont want to buy one if i dont have to. Is there anyone in the San Antonio, TX area that has a working drive they'd be willing to lend me?
You don't need a disc drive to mod the Wii, you can use letter bomb to install the homebrew channel: Letter bomb

Then follow the instructions for RVloader in the RVloader thread

Portables
You don't need a disc drive to mod the Wii, you can use letter bomb to install the homebrew channel: Letter bomb

Then follow the instructions for RVloader in the RVloader thread
I need it for the wii to boot. Im pretty sure you need the firmware version to letterbomb a wii.

Portables
I need it for the wii to boot. Im pretty sure you need the firmware version to letterbomb a wii.
According to the trim guide the dvd drive isn't necessary for a Wii to boot. Needed are Bluetooth, wifi, the u10 chip, and power regs.

As for firmware you get the info in the settings menu. None of the wii units I've purchased have had working or connected DVD drives when I've gone through the initial soft modding. If your unit isn't booting it might be worth a check to see that Bluetooth and wifi are seated correctly

Portables
According to the trim guide the dvd drive isn't necessary for a Wii to boot. Needed are Bluetooth, wifi, the u10 chip, and power regs.

As for firmware you get the info in the settings menu. None of the wii units I've purchased have had working or connected DVD drives when I've gone through the initial soft modding. If your unit isn't booting it might be worth a check to see that Bluetooth and wifi are seated correctly
Shit. I just realized what went wrong.