Question Questions regarding the G-Boy

Hey im really new here and this has potentially been asked, but i couldn't find all the answers while seeking so i will just go ahead with this.
(should there be an issue with me doing so, feel free to remove the thread)

I only recently discovered the whole idea of actually modding consoles into handhelds.
Then very recently i discovered the G-Boy.
To my dismay it was already discontinued and the only ones sold are already build ones. not the diy kits.
So here is the question i am having:

Is it possible to obtain the shell for the G-Boy somehow?
(i do not own a 3d printer, though i did read that Gman said he wouldn't release the files for it. But im not sure if this still holds true after the discontinuation.)
Also is there a list of parts that were in the DIY Kit that i would now have to obtain in another fashion?
I did find the manual for building it online, but not a list of parts that i need outside of the Wii, the batteries and the shell (maybe my google-fu was to weak)
Also can i get the circuit boards used in the DIY kit somewhere?
(from what i gathered, they were mostly custom made).

Thank you for reading, any answer is highly appreciated.

Portables
Hi there and welcome! I'm a noob too, still planning my own portable. I can answer a few of your questions, but some of them are ones that I still have for myself.

Anyway, regarding a parts list, I've been able to find a couple of parts lists around the forum. Just search for 'parts list' or 'bill of materials' and you'll find some stuff. But, I can help you out with a couple of them that I've used.
My list
Louii BOM
Kranimations
Cool Parts

Yes, the 4 Layer Tech store sells all the boards that were in the G-Boy, but not the custom versions of that board that were in that kit. The new ones will still work perfectly with the G-Boy kit layout, they just won't be as easy. (I'm pretty sure)

Sorry I don't have much! Good luck!
Schmeeker

Hey im really new here and this has potentially been asked, but i couldn't find all the answers while seeking so i will just go ahead with this.
(should there be an issue with me doing so, feel free to remove the thread)

I only recently discovered the whole idea of actually modding consoles into handhelds.
Then very recently i discovered the G-Boy.
To my dismay it was already discontinued and the only ones sold are already build ones. not the diy kits.
So here is the question i am having:

Is it possible to obtain the shell for the G-Boy somehow?
(i do not own a 3d printer, though i did read that Gman said he wouldn't release the files for it. But im not sure if this still holds true after the discontinuation.)
Also is there a list of parts that were in the DIY Kit that i would now have to obtain in another fashion?
I did find the manual for building it online, but not a list of parts that i need outside of the Wii, the batteries and the shell (maybe my google-fu was to weak)
(from what i gathered, they were mostly custom made).

Thank you for reading, any answer is highly appreciated.

1). The G Boy shell is not open source, but there's ongoing work to re-release it possibly? Then again, that isn't a guarantee. The G-Wii is open source and could be a good alternative, or maybe the Louii?

2). You can buy the PCBs from 4layertech, or assemble them yourself given they are open source but you'll need to find the chips, assemble them and flash code to them using a PICKIT.

Hey Folks, my first time posting as well. Thanks for all the info!

TropicPug: I was very lucky and got a gboy kit, but the shell print is a bit messed up. Where can I follow any efforts at a re-release? I totally get the complexities in the decision to not open source it, but it would sure be nice to have the ability to pay for remade parts or nicer quality prints given the time invest in building up the kit. Thanks!

Hey Folks, my first time posting as well. Thanks for all the info!

TropicPug: I was very lucky and got a gboy kit, but the shell print is a bit messed up. Where can I follow any efforts at a re-release? I totally get the complexities in the decision to not open source it, but it would sure be nice to have the ability to pay for remade parts or nicer quality prints given the time invest in building up the kit. Thanks!
You could either wait for a rerelease, but then again, some parts may be different since it’s a new version, so there might be a change in positioning of screw posts or something that makes it hard to use.
Maybe sand down the shell, fill/prime it and paint it with skin-safe / heat safe paint to get it to the desired finish? Be careful you don’t fill in the button holes with the paint.