Question Questions about my firts portable

Hello everybody, this is my first thread, its about some questions regarding to what kind of electronics i must to use compared to the actually that i buy on my country (México) cuz i cant find some that is published here, also i got some questions about how to trim my wii MB, cuz i want to conserve the video & usb ports (maybe the chargue port too).

What do i have to do this?
-4 layer Wii MB
- 4x MP1584 step down regulator (i dont found TI regulator)
-Hot air station
-7inch screen from an android tablet (50 pin connector)
-4x 3.7v to 2600 mah

What should i buy?
-chinese 50 pin LCD controller
-solder wick
-solder paste 25-45um
-RELIFE solder wire diameter 0.3, (the store says that it has rosin core)
-Flux paste
-wrapping cable dm 30
-GC controller or buttons

Someone could help me if I forget something on the top list...
I attach the images of how I would like to trim the wii, It is possible to make this type of trim to keep the ports?
photo_2020-02-28_18-06-44.jpg photo_2020-02-28_18-07-00.jpg

I have some electronic, welding and 3D design skills, i also got an delta Printer to make my portable case.

thanks and regards for all who aport to my thread project

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I wouldn't use those cheapo regs, they have a habit of breaking/catching fire. Better to use a PMS from the BitBuilt store, or PTH08080 regulators from Digikey/Mouser. I'd also recommend buying a new screen/board combo. Finding a driver board for the screen you have may prove difficult and you could end up killing it if you use the wrong board. A hot air station is a good idea, the 858D is a decent cheap one.

You can keep the AV and USB ports no worries if you use the lines you drew on the underside. The top side lines are too blocky and have way too many short inducing right angles. You'll just have to tweak this corner a bit or you'll hit one of the USB data lines.
upload_2020-2-29_13-29-33.png

I wouldn't use those cheapo regs, they have a habit of breaking/catching fire. Better to use a PMS from the BitBuilt store, or PTH08080 regulators from Digikey/Mouser. I'd also recommend buying a new screen/board combo. Finding a driver board for the screen you have may prove difficult and you could end up killing it if you use the wrong board. A hot air station is a good idea, the 858D is a decent cheap one.

You can keep the AV and USB ports no worries if you use the lines you drew on the underside. The top side lines are too blocky and have way too many short inducing right angles. You'll just have to tweak this corner a bit or you'll hit one of the USB data lines.
View attachment 10710
Thanks a lot, if i use the lm2596 stepdown? I wonder use the pth8080, but Its difficult on my town, i only found It on eBay at 20 bucks each one + mail cost, maybe furter i Buy a bitbuild by now i'm paying a car haha...
Wich screen recommend me? I got 2 50pin screen for this i want use It, but at the same time it consume a lot energy so i want a better one.
Also i'll save mony for that stuff that i must buy, i prefere buy nice than buy twice,
Regards

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
No chinesium regs. PMS, PowerMii Lite, or PTH only or we can't guarantee function and safety. I can't really help you find Mexico local stock, but I buy mine here and either just pay the shipping or fill the remainder to get free shipping with other stuff I need.

As for what screen to use it depends on the size you want. 5 inch screens are more efficient and more available than 7 or 8 inch screens. If you want to use a 7 inch I recommend the L7009 from DX. It accepts YPbPr natively, so you can get a nice 480p picture without having to do fine soldering for the VGA patch. I've used one before and they're pretty good.

It's definitely worth it to wait a bit and get the money for good quality parts. Cheaping out will only cost you more later on. I think it took me 3-4 months to get everything for my first portable and most of that was the screen and imported regs, so I understand your difficulties.