Question question about Portablize Mii and disc drive portablizing

Hello, I have a question about portablizeMii and portablizing a wii...

a little back story, I have 2 wiis both with "dead" disc drives motherboards. I have seen shanks video on KillMii and recently saw his video on PiiWii, and I want to pull some ideas from his video, and make a swiitch (I am sure that name has been taken) with my 7 inch screen from a dead tablet and the Lithium Ion battery with protection.

ok so for the question does Portablize Mii avoid disk drive errors? now with my two wii I got from a friend (one black and one white I was suppose to change out disc drives (long story short, the brown clamp to clamp the ribbon cable broke) and I have tried to boot the wii without the disc drive motherboard. and from my research I am getting a disc drive error because the wii cannot find the disc drive and throws an error when accessing the disk drive. and I am thinking "how do people like Shank make portable consoles without a disc drive mother board?"

if that is wrong what do I need to do to the mother board of the wii to fix the disc drive errors? I feel this knowledge will help me if I make a portable Wii.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If your goal is a portable, yes you can install PM without a disc drive. PM does work if you want to use the console as a normal system, but it's a little less friendly since it was designed specifically for portable consoles.

Just so you know, you probably will not be able to use your 7 inch tablet screen in your portable. Screens need a special circuit board which takes the video signal from the wii and turns it into signals that the screen can use. We commonly call it a driver board.

You will probably need to buy a screen that comes with its own special driver board. We have good quality screens in the BOM. Here is a link. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/portablizing-bom.367/