*Modified Wii U protective case
*PSone motherboard[
*3rd party PS2 controller
*Built in memory card in slot 1
*Memory card slot wired to slot 2
*5" widescreen backup monitor reduced to 4:3 ratio for 3" effective display
*Switching headphone jack
*Custom disk cover secured with rare earth magnets
*4400 mAh 7.4V batteries (2 x BP-915 camcorder batteries)

Last edited:
Portables
3/4
Nice work,I can only hope that any of mine come out looking that nice!! I tip my hat to you good sir... :)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
So cool! Nice work, it bring me back a lot of good memories :)

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I play far more handheld games than console because my wife and I work in the same office and she volunteers to drive the 45-minute commute. Glad to have finished this because I have about 55 PS1 games that are about to get the attention they deserve. :)

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I play far more handheld games than console because my wife and I work in the same office and she volunteers to drive the 45-minute commute. Glad to have finished this because I have about 55 PS1 games that are about to get the attention they deserve. :)
I have to agree it's a nice looking portable. 11/10 would play again

Does your wife play games? Could offer to drive and let her play once to see :P

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I do offer to drive from time to time and she actually takes me up on it if she's particularly tired. Unfortunately she's not a gamer. I tried getting her to play Portal 2 with me once but she couldn't wrap her head around fps controls. I've also tried nudging her into Pokémon but she said the games are too confusing. :(

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I do offer to drive from time to time and she actually takes me up on it if she's particularly tired. Unfortunately she's not a gamer. I tried getting her to play Portal 2 with me once but she couldn't wrap her head around fps controls. I've also tried nudging her into Pokémon but she said the games are too confusing. :(
Try something like super Mario on nes or Galaga, something extremely simple usually gets people (got my grandma with SMB, now she even plays some ds games :P)

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
She actually bought a 3DS before we were married because she thought she'd get into Nintendogs. (She didn't.) And she does like SMB as we've played that a couple of times together on NES. Then she bought it for VC on her 3DS. I even went so far as to try getting her to play Mario World but she said it was too different and didn't like it as much.

I think the game I've seen her play the most is Wheel of Fortune on Wii.