PS4 Portable?

Now, I know that this is for "OLD" consoles, but I don't know if this is classified as old.

I am planning to make a portable console of some kind, I was going back and forth between ps2 and wii, but then I sold my ps2, so I though I was going to make a wii portable, so I was researching the different trims, power management system, etc. But then I got off track and started to waste time on YouTube, and I watched a video of somebody making a PS4 slim case out of acrylic, and I watched hime disassemble the ps4 slim, and I noticed the PS4 slim board was TINY, about twice the size of a 2.5 inch HDD. So I wondered, could I make a PS4 portable. I looked up somebody making a ps4 portable, and the only kinda good one was somebody putting it in like a 17 inch laptop, so not really portable, and the other ones I found was people being pathetic and just slapping a screen ontop of one and calling it "portable", but I wanted to go further and make a HANDHELD.

If you think this is impractical please critique me in my plan.

Nodel

honestly, I have never thought about the ps4 being portable.I bet you would want to use the slim because its the smallest

buzzyc

A cursory google shows a PS4 draws around 137watts during gameplay.

buzzyc

Additionally, the slim doesn't look that tiny tbh.
I wasn't able to find any dimensions on this online, but using the battery holder as a known size of 2cm you can estimate the board as 22x12cm.
This is similar to an untrimmed Wii.

1613524448222.png

Dmcke5

2020 1st Place Winner
Portables
A cursory google shows a PS4 draws around 137watts during gameplay.
That means you'd need a minimum of 10aH 3 cell lithium battery just to run it for an hour. That means 9 18650 cells at a minimum which is probably about half a kilo of battery alone. Honestly, I think you'd be better off considering a less power-hungry console.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I mean, you could make a handheld from it. It'd just be hella bulky and require a wall socket be present to run. Cooling it would be the real struggle

Now, I know that this is for "OLD" consoles, but I don't know if this is classified as old.

I am planning to make a portable console of some kind, I was going back and forth between ps2 and wii, but then I sold my ps2, so I though I was going to make a wii portable, so I was researching the different trims, power management system, etc. But then I got off track and started to waste time on YouTube, and I watched a video of somebody making a PS4 slim case out of acrylic, and I watched hime disassemble the ps4 slim, and I noticed the PS4 slim board was TINY, about twice the size of a 2.5 inch HDD. So I wondered, could I make a PS4 portable. I looked up somebody making a ps4 portable, and the only kinda good one was somebody putting it in like a 17 inch laptop, so not really portable, and the other ones I found was people being pathetic and just slapping a screen ontop of one and calling it "portable", but I wanted to go further and make a HANDHELD.

If you think this is impractical please critique me in my plan.
I have seen it made into a very bulky laptop