PS2P

This took 2 years but finally complete. This is my 1st PS2 Portable and it was definitely a challenge.

Specs:

- SLS Printed
- 640x480 LCD connected via VGA
- LCD Brightness and Screen Controls
- USB C PD Charging and Battery Status LED
- Micro SD Card Slot
- Free McBoot
- Bluetooth Audio
- i2s Audio
- PS2+
- 7600mah Lipos (Hopefully 3 hours battery life, have yet to test)
- 100% copper heatsink
- 5 custom PCBs

PS2P 2.jpeg

PS2P 6.jpeg

PS2P 7.jpeg

PS2P 3.jpeg

- The back printed a little weird with the rectangles areas having a little bit thinner walls inside.

PS2P 5.jpeg

- Case is slightly warped near the heatsink vent. Unfortunately arrived that way from factory. Also paid for them to sand and polish the case but they didn't do that either...
PS2P 4.jpeg

- Power Button, LED Status, Screen/Volume/Bluetooth Controls.

PS2P 8.jpg

-Bluetooth button lights up when turned on and connected. Camera exaggerates the brightness of the blue LED. When Bluetooth button is pressed, it goes into headphone mode and cuts off the internal speakers.

- Big thanks to @Gman for open sourcing the UAMP and RVL-PMS as the audio board and reg board are both custom revision based off those projects.

- Also, big thanks to @YveltalGriffin for helping with a circuit for a power button/headphone sense button all in one for bluetooth audio.

I will update with a pic of the internals once I open the unit back up to fix the slight noise/interference in the VGA signal. Will post a simple video soon as well.

Thanks!

*EDIT

Here is a picture of the internals:
EC43E5C1-1219-49CF-A466-60C1A073207B.jpeg

- The PS2 AV Chip gets really hot, so for peace of mind I threw a copper shim on there. I also had to bend the controller board ffc in a weird way since I forgot to swap the pinout of the ffc socket on the dpad side of the board...

Final Dimensions are 175mm x 93mm x 24mm.

Last edited:

Benge

Portables
4 : O-Wii (V1,V2,V2.1)/ BS2
Amazing work, the result is very cool, I love the shape :)
I love the Bluetooth feature, can't wait to see the internal and the video !

Do you have a worklog or a link to it ?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Nice job! reminds me of a slimmer version of ashens ps2p