Ps2/wii portable ?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Has anyone built a ps2/wii portable in the same housing, is it even possible?
Both consoles in the same handheld like a multi-system? I haven't heard of anyone doing that, but it's absolutely possible. You'd need a few multiplexers to switch the controls and audio/video lines between the systems, something to switch the battery power around, and a pretty hefty case to hold both boards, but yeah it's doable. Just going to be a whole lot of work

Portables
Yea everything in 1 system, that would be real cool to see and I’m surprised nobody has tried doing something like this.

dababy

I’ve actually thought of something like this in an arcade cabinet with 2 different plugin controllers with a screen input switch

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yea everything in 1 system, that would be real cool to see and I’m surprised nobody has tried doing something like this.
Well the cooling and space requirements are almost prohibitive for a handheld, it'd be big and heavy and you'd need different regulators for each system board as well as compromising on controls. I do remember once seeing a guy put a PS1, PS2, and a PS3 into one custom milled aluminium box for his gaming room, but that's obviously not a handheld and he effectively just re-housed them.

Portables
Well the cooling and space requirements are almost prohibitive for a handheld, it'd be big and heavy and you'd need different regulators for each system board as well as compromising on controls. I do remember once seeing a guy put a PS1, PS2, and a PS3 into one custom milled aluminium box for his gaming room, but that's obviously not a handheld and he effectively just re-housed them.
It does sound like a lot of work but definitely it would be a great portable to have.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
For sure. Perhaps if the PS2 and Wii custom motherboard projects both succeed, integrating both into one system might be the best way to do it