Release Ps2 voltage regulator board

Portables
Here’s a picture of how mine looks like some pins are connected to each other, I can’t tell from your photo if it’s the same ones.
8307B36B-CB3D-4FD1-831C-64FA9CC138AF.jpeg

Fly_5

Portables
Megadrive portable / PS2 Next-G portable
Captura.JPG

Actually, if you look at it, even if you join those legs together, it cannot generate a short circuit because they come out of the same place.

Last edited:
Ok so I ordered more boards and they look a lot better. I built another one and I'm now having slightly different issues lol. The 1.8v, 2.5v, and 5v lines are all fine, but the 1.25v is outputting 0.4 and the 3.5 is putting out 7ish and isn't stable. This is my first time soldering a QFN package so that's likely the issue.

Attachments

Fly_5

Portables
The same thing happened to me and it was the QFN the best thing to weld is tin in paste and hot air gun, on which page did you order the pcbs?

Portables
Ok so I ordered more boards and they look a lot better. I built another one and I'm now having slightly different issues lol. The 1.8v, 2.5v, and 5v lines are all fine, but the 1.25v is outputting 0.4 and the 3.5 is putting out 7ish and isn't stable. This is my first time soldering a QFN package so that's likely the issue.
What are you using to power it up ? I would check to make sure there’s no shorts on those 2 lines.

Fly_5

Portables

Seeing the pictures of that module I am convinced that the QFNs are not well soldered, the same thing happened to me and I soldered the QFNs and it was fine.

thanks to my good friend @Mister M for designing this regulator board for the advance ps2 trim. It’s been about 2 weeks since I put my board together and tested it, I’m now ready to share the files and bom with everyone who may want to use them.

Here are the Digi-Key parts list. Everything seems to be in stock at the moment.

https://www.digikey.com/short/130nv3d8

Regulator board download

R6 - is 953k ohm resistor. In the download bom it says 95.3k

View attachment 23649View attachment 23650View attachment 23651View attachment 23652View attachment 23653
How would I be able to use this in combination with 21700 batteries? This board has no charging pad.