PS2 VGA Help

Hello guys,

i need a bit of help on my PS2 Portable build.

I am working on this for 1-2 Months now and i am finally having my first success.
My monitor finanlly shows something. I managed to get OPL displaying beautifully on my screen. But thats it. When i run games it just turns blue and also when i quit OPL.
I tried all the Display Settings on OPL.

Edit: Never mind I have figured it out

Is there something i can do?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

i have another issue with my VGA output wich i could not figure out by myself.
So i hooked up my CMB http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intelligent...2S-Packs-18650-lithium-Satellite/311721987212 wich was shown in the Battrie guide.

I am not sure if i did it right though.
When i plug in the Power cable (and turn on the power switch) the Red LED on the CMB turns on. I power up the ps2 and i configured FreeMCBoot to boot directly into OPL. Opl Displays just fine. But as soon as i run a game the signal is lost.

Now comes the interresting part.
I desodered the screen Power cable so i could hold it to different places on the board while running (i hope you get what i mean with my broken english)
So i start the ps2. I select a game. Disconnect the screen power cable and when i close the circiut by holding the cable down to the contact, the game shows just fine.
But when i use the power button on the display controller board to turn the screen off (instead of breaking the ciurcuit with the cable) it gets no signal.

Do you guys know what is going wrong here?

Edit:

I realized something. When i run the ps2 while its pluged in to the wall it runs well. I also can plug out the power cable while its running. The ps2 stays on. But when i turn off the power switch and turn it back on to try to power up the system via batterry it gets no power. I assume i wired up the CMB the wrong way. Can that be the issue?

Last edited:
Hello, if you are a beginner, CMB is not necessarily necessary. In my experience, 2 18650 batteries, directly connected to the motherboard, can work as well. As for the video output VGA, I have tried it, but it is not simple. You can try the HDMI adapter. It is very cheap. Although it will consume a little 5V of power, it only needs to be connected to YpR Pb GND You can buy cheap HDMI driver boards with sound. Usually, PS2 is set to color difference mode. It only displays 480i mode. Individual games can support 480p or even 1080i,
This needs your own experiment, I will give you the connection mode of HDMI connector, you can refer to it.
1605142767276.jpg
1605142767268.jpg

timg (4).jpg