PS2 Ultra Slim

Two Slims with the internal SD. For some reason they both refuse to read any SD card. I've used multiple brands, some that are supposedly supported. I have the switch installed as well. When I flip the switch to memory card, it shows up in Browser, but when I try to view the memory card's contents it disappears like there's no mem card inserted. I've confirmed the wiring, even installed a heavier gauge wire just in case. Tried using a 100ohm resistor initially, then a 47 (I don't have any value in between). I've tested 3 different versions of OPL. I've tried FAT32 and exFAT, 16kb cluster. I must be doing something stupid but I can't figure it out.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Two Slims with the internal SD. For some reason they both refuse to read any SD card. I've used multiple brands, some that are supposedly supported. I have the switch installed as well. When I flip the switch to memory card, it shows up in Browser, but when I try to view the memory card's contents it disappears like there's no mem card inserted. I've confirmed the wiring, even installed a heavier gauge wire just in case. Tried using a 100ohm resistor initially, then a 47 (I don't have any value in between). I've tested 3 different versions of OPL. I've tried FAT32 and exFAT, 16kb cluster. I must be doing something stupid but I can't figure it out.
You've mounted the drive in OPL right?

Yes. I've tried Auto and Manual. MX4SIO is On. Someone told me to move the games into the CD folder instead of DVD like OPL Manager set it up, so I'm going to give that a shot.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Yes. I've tried Auto and Manual. MX4SIO is On. Someone told me to move the games into the CD folder instead of DVD like OPL Manager set it up, so I'm going to give that a shot.
Pictures of your setup may help, also it's wise to remove the 2nd port memory card if you're loading from SD.

Will post pics if I can't troubleshoot it myself. Thank you.

Edit: it's working. I deleted all the OPL config files, started fresh.

Last edited:
Also, for anyone following the thread, there's a sale going on for Samsung EVO microSD's... I have to still buy a m4sxio from HGT and a FMCB memcard but if you're looking for a 256gb to put in this build... they're $23 USD on Amazon today

arne

Does anyone konows where is reset on ps2 motherborad GH-061-51

You do have a freemcbok
1st offView attachment 25416
2nd off is there gonna be a superultra slim?
i have been working with this design and have built 2 of these thus far but upon building my third I had an idea… it may seem like a long shot or even crazy but…. I am an evil scientist

Attachments

vcesne

I manage too add bluetooth internally with a ESP32-WROOM-32E and Blueretro.
You can't plug a wire controller on the port where you take the 3,5V. If you do that you don't boot on OPL. You can add a switch to disable the ESP32-WROOM-32E if you want to use a wire controller. I personally take the 3,5V on the controller port 2 (not in the photo: controller port 1). Now I can use a wire or a wireless controller on the port 1 and just a wireless controller on the port 2.

Attachments

icd2k3

I'm having the same missing lid detection switch problem as @Gold_Phoenix and @barnasimon on a SCPH-79001 with motherboard GH-062... on these revisions, the lid detection switch is on a tiny board that's connected via ribbon (it's the tiny black switch in the first picture)... will it still work if I modify the instructions somehow? Is there some kinda other switch I could solder on?

Help & advice would be much appreciated!

EDIT: @sparky72712 I noticed the board in your pic above is the same version as mine - any tips for hacking the power/reset button? And will it still work with the 3d printed case? Thanks!

EDIT 2: I just saw wesk's post here... please ignore me lol https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/ps2-ultra-slim.5077/post-57761

Attachments

Last edited:
First off huge thank you Wesk

Just Figured I'd show my progress with this project

The purple print was test fitment and to see if my machine could pull it off, I had a few print issues more the fault of my machine

But I have a VOD on twitch of the build, and it was super satisfying to make

And the clear is where we are at now I'm thinking ill add some LED's under the RF shield for a glow effect.

Again thanks for this awesome project

Attachments

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member

The purple print was test fitment and to see if my machine could pull it off, I had a few print issues more the fault of my machine

And the clear is where we are at now I'm thinking ill add some LED's under the RF shield for a glow effect.

Feel free to post your VOD, it may help others with their build.

Did you order the clear case from PCBWay? I was thinking about getting a translucent print from them but was going to test it on a regular print for fitment for now

Feel free to post your VOD, it may help others with their build.
I can likely do that ill be uploading to youtube and ill post it on my original post

Did you order the clear case from PCBWay? I was thinking about getting a translucent print from them but was going to test it on a regular print for fitment for now
Yes I did, it came out fairly nice and id happily get a few more shells printed to keep for replacements or may doing one of these for a buddy

Well added some LED's lol

Might ad 2 more but I want to run the system for a few and make sure its stable with the LED's install power draw wise

Let me know what you guys think

[Update]
Added pics of the testing area lol

[Update 2]
Moar LED's lol

Attachments

Last edited: