PS2 Ultra Slim

That would be good, since it'd definitely help me figure out how I want to do this. You in the States or over in Europe?

vcesne

I also integrate a HDMI slot on my PS2 ultra slim. It's base on the Shepherd Analog2HDMI.
I don't have sound for the moment. I believe it's because it is a SPDIF version. I ordered an analog version and I'm waiting for it. I hope it will solve this audio problem. After that I will try to add bluetooth internally.

Attachments

I also integrate a HDMI slot on my PS2 ultra slim. It's base on the Shepherd Analog2HDMI.
I don't have sound for the moment. I believe it's because it is a SPDIF version. I ordered an analog version and I'm waiting for it. I hope it will solve this audio problem. After that I will try to add bluetooth internally.
I like how you got it inline with the other ports looks great. I would just check your solder connections and make Shute nothings grounding out

Bruuuhh that’s way smaller then what I used I really like that looks like I’m reconfiguring my design again hahaha I’m going to be buying this

Bruuuhh that’s way smaller then what I used I really like that looks like I’m reconfiguring my design again hahaha I’m going to be buying this
Man... gotta love the mod community. Collaboration like this is amazing to see.

Dude like seriously everything else in this world is so angry and this have been great working with everyone on this project

I confirm that audio works with Shepherd Analog2HDMI Component/Analog version.
I'm very satisfied by the picture quality.
Dude like seriously everything else in this world is so angry and this have been great working with everyone on this project
Found the converter vcesne used in his project.

Hey, did you need to alter Wesk's print file or did you just file out an opening for the HDMI? And also, you need to wire it straight to the mobo, no USB power draw, yeah? I might just have to take the plunge and just do it on a cheap print at a makerspace before getting the expensive frosted shell from PCBWay.

Man... I really want to give this mod a try!

Found the converter vcesne used in his project.

Hey, did you need to alter Wesk's print file or did you just file out an opening for the HDMI? And also, you need to wire it straight to the mobo, no USB power draw, yeah? I might just have to take the plunge and just do it on a cheap print at a makerspace before getting the expensive frosted shell from PCBWay.

Man... I really want to give this mod a try!
I wired it straight to the mother board but I altered the files to hold the hdmi pcb. Also I ordered on Amazon some 1.25mm computer connectors so I can disconnect the hdmi, SDcard reader, or the free mcboot card just give each one a 7pin connector so They can be unplugged if needed. Once I get my Shepard hdmi pcb i. Will alter the file to hold the pcb and share it with you if you need my other post has my current configuration with the port but it’s for a different adapter

Last edited:
I wired it straight to the mother board but I altered the files to hold the hdmi pcb. Also I ordered on Amazon some 1.25mm computer connectors so I can disconnect the hdmi, SDcard reader, or the free mcboot card just give each one a 7pin connector so They can be unplugged if needed. Once I get my Shepard hdmi pcb i. Will alter the file to hold the pcb and share it with you if you need my other post has my current configuration with the port but it’s for a different adapter
Thanks, that'd be huge. Modularity would definitely make this build even more crazy... I've started looking around for places I can get a test shell printed and work on it locally, since there's no way I'm affording a printer right now lol. How'd you attach the connectors -- soldering the wires?

And, if it's possible, I would like it if it uses Wesk's power button mechanism (the one mounted in the ○ icon on the top) and I probably should look to see if the original stock LED can be salvaged. Does anyone know if the rotating PS logo can be re-used or do you need to use one from a Fat specifically?

Thanks, that'd be huge. Modularity would definitely make this build even more crazy... I've started looking around for places I can get a test shell printed and work on it locally, since there's no way I'm affording a printer right now lol. How'd you attach the connectors -- soldering the wires?

And, if it's possible, I would like it if it uses Wesk's power button mechanism (the one mounted in the ○ icon on the top) and I probably should look to see if the original stock LED can be salvaged. Does anyone know if the rotating PS logo can be re-used or do you need to use one from a Fat specifically?
I have a bunch of shells I have 3 printers that I have running pretty much around the clock. The connector kit I bought has wires pre crimped with the ends on them but I love the idea of everything haveing the ability to be disconnected. I will figure out a good way to attach this Shepard hdmi pcb and I will mod wesks original top shell to hold it the only thing is I may need to modify it since that’s where I have been putting my hdmi pcbs but I will play with it and see

I have a bunch of shells I have 3 printers that I have running pretty much around the clock. The connector kit I bought has wires pre crimped with the ends on them but I love the idea of everything haveing the ability to be disconnected. I will figure out a good way to attach this Shepard hdmi pcb and I will mod wesks original top shell to hold it the only thing is I may need to modify it since that’s where I have been putting my hdmi pcbs but I will play with it and see
Thanks man... you're doing me a huge solid with this.

Shoot I have mine already built and I keep buying them cause I’m having fun building them lol so your using the Shepard hdmi correct?

Man, this build turned out amazing yo! Idk if this sounds weird, but is this something you would do as a commission? I would LOVE to get my hands on one or maybe two since I work at a social club where kids gather to play and socialize!

Run into Problems with 79004 PAL Model. First the First Soldering is not possible, because that black consistor ( 6:56 ) is not present. Second Problem is, the cut for the connection is not easy, because the two holes ( 7:25 ) are directly under the switch. Third, the soldering for the Reset functionality ( 8:11 ) looks different. There are no two black transistors. Only the left one and no many quarders left from this soldering. Only one. So where should im soldering?

Attachments

So this project has no worklog as it was completely off the cuff and went from concept to completion in a day and a half.

The PS2 Ultra Slim
View attachment 25899

Renders:
View attachment 22986View attachment 22987View attachment 22988View attachment 22989

Real Pics:
View attachment 22981View attachment 22982View attachment 22983View attachment 22984View attachment 22985

Features:

-Almost half the width of a stock PS2 slim as it nixes the DVD drive and one of the USB ports.​
-Added mounting for an internal micro SD card card adapter for SD loading.​
-Improved cooling over stock with an additional intake and a guided exhaust.​
-Re-purposes the lid switch to become the power/reset switch.​
-Designed to not need supports to print the main case.​

A very basic how to build:

1) Requires a PS2 79k motherboard.​
2) Carefully trim off 2nd USB port so the motherboard is square, being careful to not cut the 5v reg for the USB port. Sand that edge so there are no shorts. Run a wire from the 2nd controller port 8.5v to the input leg of the 5v USB regulator to restore USB power.​
3) Cut both traces coming off the DVD lid switch and wire reset to one side of the switch and GND to the other side, this is now the power switch.​
4) (Optional) Trim down an SD to micro SD adapter so that it sits flush in the adapter mount and wire it up for SD loading.​

See latest files here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/ps2-ultra-slim.5077/post-57660
So I bought myself a 79003 SCPH but mine doesn't have the lid detection switch like Machos PlayStation but I did the same things with mine, trimmed the 2nd USB port sanded down very good, restored power to the USB port, and run a wire for the power/reset button but still doesn't want to turn on. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Hey thanks for the mod! I had to wire a switch in like you mentioned in an earlier post because there wasn't one on my motherboard haha (I'll upload a pic in case anyone needs a reference).

Just wanted to ask if the OPL version that you need for the SD card has cheats or will have the option for cheats in the future? Thanks again :)

(Edit: )
Managed to get the cheats working
Hi there I have the same model like you but i just can't get it working did everything like Macho Nacho but still nothing, can u help me or something useful tip?. Thanks