ps2 slim 79001 vga wiring

hey hate to bother but i wired up the vga pinouts perfect as shown in the tut and it still wont show vga only composite. ps2 slim 79001. any help will be appreciated

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The VGA is interlaced signal which will only work on monitors that support this. Make sure of this.

thanks and yes it has to support that cuz its the same monitor i use my trim will on also and its connected with vga. did my soldering to the h n v sync pins are correct in the pics i posted. could it be the ps2. cuz i did try to use a ps2 to hdmi adapter n that didnt work either but that same adapter works onnmy 75001 ps2 slim. could it be that this system is defect and will only display composite. thanks again for responding gman. love the work u have done n see all YouTube vids u post.

and the screen is a b101ew05 and the lcd controller board is qpcb800099-v9. thanks again

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I've never came across a PS2 where composite worked, but not component.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I am not positive that screen will work with interlaced signal. The Wii VGA can do progressive, it is not the same signal as the PS2. Make sure the H/V wires are as short as you can make them. They should not be more than a few inches.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Do you need to set the display mode in the BIOS to RGB? I remember a friend bought a PS2 that wouldn't give component out because the prevous owner was using a SCART cable and the display mode was set to RGB instead of YpBpR.

Do you need to set the display mode in the BIOS to RGB? I remember a friend bought a PS2 that wouldn't give component out because the prevous owner was using a SCART cable and the display mode was set to RGB instead of YpBpR.
i seen it popped up in vga for like 2 sec when i used a different pcb board for the same screen im using. so i do know its wired correctly n the system set to rgb. if that didnt happened i would think that its a display thing. might just rock with composite for now

I am not positive that screen will work with interlaced signal. The Wii VGA can do progressive, it is not the same signal as the PS2. Make sure the H/V wires are as short as you can make them. They should not be more than a few inches.
one more thing. i know u gotta know u r gman ps2 handheld king. what ohm would i need to put the the regulators to get those voltage like how the wii got. i know the wii is 2k,30k,75k,360k. what are the 1s for the ps2. thanks a million to everyone who responded. thanks

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
one more thing. i know u gotta know u r gman ps2 handheld king. what ohm would i need to put the the regulators to get those voltage like how the wii got. i know the wii is 2k,30k,75k,360k. what are the 1s for the ps2. thanks a million to everyone who responded. thanks
that depends on the regulator used. In the datasheet it will explain what resistor to use for the desired voltage output.

that depends on the regulator used. In the datasheet it will explain what resistor to use for the desired voltage output.
im a noob. what data sheet. im using the pth08080wah. if u can link the data sheet it will help tremendously