Release Ps2 scph-79000 with a simple mod running with a single 18650

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
I really love easy solutions! I'll have to give it a crack myself - not that I want to make another PS2 portable, but more that I'm just interested to try it out!

I have used this board for a couple of projects and frustratingly it cuts out when you plug/unplug the power supply - it'd be fantastic if they've fixed that!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I really love easy solutions! I'll have to give it a crack myself - not that I want to make another PS2 portable, but more that I'm just interested to try it out!

I have used this board for a couple of projects and frustratingly it cuts out when you plug/unplug the power supply - it'd be fantastic if they've fixed that!
If it hasn't been resolved, you could compensate for that with a fat 2000uf+ electrolytic cap on the regulator output

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
If it hasn't been resolved, you could compensate for that with a fat 2000uf+ electrolytic cap on the regulator output
That's an ineloquent solution! lol GMan might need to start selling a "Just 5V PMS" now!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That's an ineloquent solution! lol GMan might need to start selling a "Just 5V PMS" now!
I dunno about that. It's not exactly a best practice solution, but it worked back in the days of DPDT switch charge-and-play for Gamecube portables......... so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯