Worklog Ps2 portable

Portables
Your top layers on the print looks a bit underextruded, have you tried tuning extrusion multiplier for that? (Or even just adding more top and bottom solid layers?)
No I have it set to
30% infill
walls 2.0
and temp 230 bed 63

No I have it set to
30% infill
walls 2.0
and temp 230 bed 63
You could try to do some E-step tuning, here's a guide on how to do some basic tuning: https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html

(if you want to go a more "I want it all tuned" route, try this guide: https://github.com/AndrewEllis93/Print-Tuning-Guide it involves a different printer firmware but makes stuff go faster and sometimes prettier. I used this guide for my Voron V0.1, turned out great.)

Are you using PLA? If so I would lower the temps to 215, bed 60 (depends on your warpage, I live in New Hampshire so it's a bit chilly over here, gotta up the temps a bit more.) Do a few more solid bottom and top layers and you should hide some more defects.

Portables
Thanks for the tips, honestly it doesn’t bother me I think It looks nice plus those are the inside parts, as long as I get to play once I finish it.

Hello, you are doing a great job, you can tell that you are a perfectionist working, I like to see projects so clean, I will follow your progress, I encourage and congratulate you on your project, you are doing phenomenal. Greetings

Portables
Hello, you are doing a great job, you can tell that you are a perfectionist working, I like to see projects so clean, I will follow your progress, I encourage and congratulate you on your project, you are doing phenomenal. Greetings
Thank you for the support I appreciate it.

Last edited:
So I know you said you don't care, but if you wanted to eliminated those little gaps on the front of your case, (I assume you print it face down) increase the initial layer flow by 10-20%. I find this makes for a cleaner surface when printing cases like these

Portables
So I know you said you don't care, but if you wanted to eliminated those little gaps on the front of your case, (I assume you print it face down) increase the initial layer flow by 10-20%. I find this makes for a cleaner surface when printing cases like these
Thank you for the tip I will try it out on the next shell, I just sold a ps2 and I don’t want customer to not like it.

I absolutely love the idea of the LEDs in there, look into making a very tiny cheap clear 3d print diffusion layer around the sides of the joysticks, it would make it look so freaking cool!

Miceeno

2020 3rd Place Winner
Portables
This brings me back to the days of Acidmods where everyone was putting sound reactive LEDs behind the buttons on their PSP's. Love it!

Portables
I absolutely love the idea of the LEDs in there, look into making a very tiny cheap clear 3d print diffusion layer around the sides of the joysticks, it would make it look so freaking cool!
Thanks for the idea I’ll give it a try.

Portables
I’m pretty much done with the portable I wired of the usb and tested a game, but I’m having issues with analogs when I go up it goes down. When I turn left it turns right. Is my wiring correct ?
0CA23DDA-C22D-4190-93BC-A78E74410277.jpeg

Portables
I’m using a cheap ps2 controller, I was going to use the one I mentioned but I’m saving that one for another project I have.

I’m pretty much done with the portable I wired of the usb and tested a game, but I’m having issues with analogs when I go up it goes down. When I turn left it turns right. Is my wiring correct ? View attachment 22503
How amazing that you can use the Nintendo switch analog sticks on cheap control boards. Change the position of the VCC and GND wires, supply the gnd with the voltage of the VCC and connect the gnd to the analog VCC.

How amazing that you can use the Nintendo switch analog sticks on cheap control boards. Change the position of the VCC and GND wires, supply the gnd with the voltage of the VCC and connect the gnd to the analog VCC.
Good thinking!! I would never have thought of that solution. You're really smart!!

Portables
I just noticed the newbie mistake I made lol:facepalm::o I placed my analogs facing wrong way I have to rotate them 180 is there any way for them to work without The need to rotate?