Release PS2+ Official Release

Hello
sorry for my ignorance on the topic, but i'm looking for a solution for a smaller board for my project. Would it be possible to port this code to a teensy or something similar?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Hello
sorry for my ignorance on the topic, but i'm looking for a solution for a smaller board for my project. Would it be possible to port this code to a teensy or something similar?
Yes it would be possible but would require some knowledge. Most of it can stay but you need to set up the teensy for spi slave mode and port the spi pic driver over as well as all the other pic register parts.

We know the reason why it's not working it's just that no one is actively working on ps2+ at the moment.
hi, out of interest would you be able to advise the reason its not working, maybe someone around here can help?

Hey, i hope everyone is doing well in these trying times.
I've made a PCB using @Matthew Chace great PCB and schematic. I know that this project is still a work in progress and i know that the PCB i made isn't better in terms of the placements (mainly cause i started this late at night and only realised my mistake after i went to connect all the copper traces together). The main reason why i made my own PCB was because of the large size the other one had. It costed too much and my goal was to decrease its size so that the price would also decrease.
I also wanted to use this later on in a project that i have been thinking about and i don't like soldering small magnet wires (insert sad Gman noises) together so i stuck an FFC connector on there (it's a 0.5mm pitch one and has 30 pins) this will allow for a much cleaner installation and hopefully a more reliable connection.

First of all though, i haven't tried this PCB out as i just finished it (literally) and i still need some components which sadly keep being rejected by customs as a result of the virus so i don't know when I'll get to testing this.

I want to extend my deepest regards to all the people who worked on this project and to all who have inspired me, i do look forward to making my own professional grade portable (made one before but i didn't like it at all) which is only possible because of you guys.

The required components are PICKIT 3 and a PIC16F18876 UQFN

Why did i go with the QFN version?
It's cheaper and more reliable (no legs to break during transport)

The board can be found here:
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/SJRuYODq

BTW the connection for the rumble motor was removed as it was taking up too much space and i've never used (or liked) the rumble feature before.

I also used the Bit Built logo on this PCB, i hope that's okay with everyone (if not then please inform me and I'll remove it).

Ohh and of course the nudes!!

If you look closely at the schematic you can see how i messed up the "assigned tags" be reversing them:rothink:
View attachment 10916 View attachment 10917 View attachment 10918 View attachment 10919
hi did you get all the parts you were waiting for and did it work?

Can the PS+ be compatible with raspberry pi by any chance ( im lookin into investing in 1 of those for a mobile ps2 but Im still doing research)

Can the PS+ be compatible with raspberry pi by any chance ( im lookin into investing in 1 of those for a mobile ps2 but Im still doing research)
do you mean you want the to connect the ps2+ to the raspberry pi and use the pi to emulate the ps2?, the pi will only emulate up to a ps one, sorry if I've read your question wrongly?

Sorry dude but the Pi just isn't capable of that level of processing throughput, but either way the PS2+ is a controller replacement for the PS2 that seeks to remove the incredible pain in the A, that internally wiring a Dual shock 2 can be. It probably wouldn't even be compatible with the Pi unless you wrote some kind of GPIO script for it

Last edited:
Sorry dude but the Pi just isn't capable of that level of processing throughput, but either way the PS+ is a controller replacement for the PS2 that seeks to remove the incredible pain in the A, that internally wiring a Dual shock 2 can be. It probably wouldn't even be compatible with the Pi unless you wrote some kind of GPIO script for it
Dang, cause I got a PSP shell that I wanted to use and turn into a mobile emulator that can run PS2 rom. So that kinda blows.

do you mean you want the to connect the ps2+ to the raspberry pi and use the pi to emulate the ps2?, the pi will only emulate up to a ps one, sorry if I've read your question wrongly?
Yeah i wanted to connect it with the Pi so i didnt have to preform some frankenstein soldering mess in a tiny PSP shell. I wanted to add a right joystick mod to a psp (But the motherboard is dead, which is why I asked about it being compatible with the Pi) is there any other microcomputer that you know of that can run something as powerful as the ps2??

Well let me put it this way, I'm actually pursuing a similar route with my device, and this is the compute module I'm using:

It has about the same power as a mid tier gaming laptop, and yes, it CAN handle PCSX2 with ease, but it's very expensive, and were it not for the other features and functions of my device, this compute module would not be worth it.

I'm working on a PCSX2 device too, but using the motherboard of a Lenovo s145.

Dmcke5

2020 1st Place Winner
Portables
Well let me put it this way, I'm actually pursuing a similar route with my device, and this is the compute module I'm using:

It has about the same power as a mid tier gaming laptop, and yes, it CAN handle PCSX2 with ease, but it's very expensive, and were it not for the other features and functions of my device, this compute module would not be worth it.
I've been looking at things like this for a more powerful of my windows based portable. There are very few details on this board, how does it handle video output? Ideally I'm looking for something like this with a well documented output for an LCD panel and some sort of input for a battery for displaying battery percentage within windows.

Is there still interest in this project?

I'm thinking of starting to work on something the same, but based on an aduino, later on an Atemega.
If I had any familiarity with Pic I would continue this project, but that's not the case hahaha
I'm doing some research and several people have already managed to emulate the PS2 Controller

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Is there still interest in this project?

I'm thinking of starting to work on something the same, but based on an aduino, later on an Atemega.
If I had any familiarity with Pic I would continue this project, but that's not the case hahaha
I'm doing some research and several people have already managed to emulate the PS2 Controller
I'm interested in trying to get the last few oversights ironed out so that I can get the PS2 portable I made playing God of War and a couple of other games, but I've already built the PIC chip into the project which makes me kind of stuck with that as a solution. Speaking with RCD over at ModRetro he felt that it wouldn't be a challenging task as it's "really not much more than an SPI device" but I'm personally going to have to learn more before I'm able to tackle a task like this :)