Worklog Ps2 Next-G (completed)

Fly_5

Portables
Megadrive portable / PS2 Next-G portable
Hello everyone, I am a guy living in Spain and I wanted to share with this wonderful community the project of making a portable PS2 based on the advanced cut of Gman I want to apologize if at some point I do not express myself better because I have to translate the text, I will try to do my best. Well after a while watching fellow projects and the network I decided to embark on the adventure of making a portable ps2 myself and gradually I have been gaining knowledge .now I am at a stage that the hardware part is almost controlled and the design of the shell also I will show photos of the process ,I have some questions that I will put if someone can help me I will be grateful and listen to ideas for improvement of the project .I hope you like it ,greetings.

This was the beginning, I got a 79001 board in excellent condition.

I decided to put in a fan that my friend Daniel from this community advised me to put in.

I made a homemade module of voltage regulators to test its operation and all great but I will replace them with a more professional module thanks to the PCB of "Customledmods".

The housing design was laborious but I think it turned out well.

and for the moment that's all, while waiting to receive components I will continue fighting with the VGA output of my LCD that is self-adjusted and the image remains displaced. Replace the capacitors with smaller tantalum capacitors.

for now that's all I will continue uploading content greetings

Last edited:

Fly_5

Portables
Pues bien, pasado un tiempo he vuelto a retomar el proyecto y he modificado la carcasa para conseguir una mejor refrigeración ya que el módulo PMS adquiere mucha temperatura, os dejo algunas fotos de las modificaciones. pronto recibiré 2 placas 79001 para continuar el proyecto, hice un corto en la placa y la GPU se rompió, pronto actualizaré el proyecto.
PS2 Next-G -2023-01-25 221714.png

Last edited:

Fly_5

Portables
Hello again, I bring you some progress, I have printed the housing and I have started to assemble all the hardware, I had some problems with the PMS module but in the end I could solve it, I am waiting to receive a module to connect the controls.

anuser

so, advice us when your VOCORE is going to arrive. Watch your PM to find out the mandatory obligatory item that you`ll definetly buy to put on this beauty.

This is beautiful. Amazing job man, the case really turned out great!

Fly_5

Portables
Well, at the end I finished the project, I decided to change the base plate for a 90004 cutout (there is another work log done) and this is the result I hope you like it.

Last edited:

Fly_5

Portables
If you enter my youtube channel you will see the tutorial on how to make it and in the description of the video part 6 are almost all the materials, subscribe to see the next videos, greetings