Solved Ps2 don't want to turn on after trimming

Piotr

Hello moders!
Before i made this post i try to find any solution for my problem but unforunately...nothin.So maybe somebody could help me.
Ok litle background of the situation i have made a Ps2 portable but i decided to make it smaller.I have read the trimming guide before i start something and everything was going good to the point when i try to turn it on.I sems that the ps2 do not powering up.I have check the power going from the main fuse and i get right amount of power the ps fuses are also fine.The edges of motherboard were sanded and im just stuck in that point and i don't know what more can be done.I know it's hard to help when you dont have the motherboard in your hand but maybe somebody had the same problem as me and maybe have some solution.Thanks in advance and dont be mad if this post is hard to read my english is quite rusty.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
You need to post many and clear pictures if we are to help you. Just from "ps2 doesn't turn on", does not tell us anything what the problem might be because it can be so many things.

Piotr

Thank you Gman for reply Ok i know that and i will do that after work.what parts of the motherboard should i take picture to be helpful as possible

Piotr

ok i hope those pictures may help somehow

Attachments

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Did you follow the trimming guide and solder a wire reconnecting 8.5v to the 5V regulator input?

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
Voltage_Reset.png
you need to have the reset button to turn on the ps2 and i don't see one on your pictures

Piotr

Ok i have to admit that i didn't reconnect the regulator i totaly missed that point so after reconnecting it my ps2 started.THANK YOU for the help i didn't know that problem was coused by a simple mistake