PS2 alternative to RPi game loading

Sometime ago I found some cheap "mini 3G/4G router", the price of them ranges from 4 to 7€.
Mine died after a short while (I think that I broke it while I was tinkering with it) but on some sites people have been using them and the seem to be a reliable solution. If someone wants to try feel free to do it.
If they turn out to be great this would be a good inexpensive solution to all PS2 portables (or something else that needs SMB loading where a RPi is totally overkill).
Posting some links that I found on Aliexpress and eBay although you can search them to see if you can find one even cheaper.

Aliexpress
eBay

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Sometime ago I found some cheap "mini 3G/4G router", the price of them ranges from 4 to 7€.
Mine died after a short while (I think that I broke it while I was tinkering with it) but on some sites people have been using them and the seem to be a reliable solution. If someone wants to try feel free to do it.
If they turn out to be great this would be a good inexpensive solution to all PS2 portables (or something else that needs SMB loading where a RPi is totally overkill).
Posting some links that I found on Aliexpress and eBay although you can search them to see if you can find one even cheaper.

Aliexpress
eBay
Assuming they can work reliably, that'd be a great and compact method for home consoles. Portables, not so much. Might check these out myself.