Question PS2 1.75v source question

Hi all! I know it's recommended to use a linear regulator for this voltage source because of "ps2 stability". But, what does it means? I mean, Now I'm having problems with joystick, It already worked fine, but some days ago it started to connect and disconnect, I checked all the possible reasons for that, I'm pretty sure that it's not a connection problem, I tested the joystick in a non-trimmed ps2 and it works fine, I tested another joystick in my trimmed ps2 and it doesn't work. My question is, is it possible that the 1.75v switching source causes this issue?
Also, I'm not sure if the joystick port of my trimmed ps2 died. It's possible too.

Portables
Hi all! I know it's recommended to use a linear regulator for this voltage source because of "ps2 stability". But, what does it means? I mean, Now I'm having problems with joystick, It already worked fine, but some days ago it started to connect and disconnect, I checked all the possible reasons for that, I'm pretty sure that it's not a connection problem, I tested the joystick in a non-trimmed ps2 and it works fine, I tested another joystick in my trimmed ps2 and it doesn't work. My question is, is it possible that the 1.75v switching source causes this issue?
Also, I'm not sure if the joystick port of my trimmed ps2 died. It's possible too.
Can you post pictures of the regulators your using.