Worklog Project M

That signal is GND
Sorry, I don't think I typed this very clearly. What I am saying is that thedrew has accidently made this a voltage plane instead of a GND plane (as you have pointed out) hence the lighter colour. Either that or its just filled weirdly on kicad/his output design.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sorry, I don't think I typed this very clearly. What I am saying is that thedrew has accidently made this a voltage plane instead of a GND plane (as you have pointed out) hence the lighter colour. Either that or its just filled weirdly on kicad/his output design.
He made that GND, it's not a lighter color than the ground pour

I've been currently doing my own board design so this does not bode well....

Sorry if I'm incorrect here, it's difficult to tell from the Kicad pictures, but I would double check this plane here as it looks like it might be a voltage plane instead of GND where the vias are connected too (light green instead of the standard dark green fill across those traces).

Out of interest what stackup did you use with JLC? What was the prepreg thickness? Did you try changing out the terminator resistor for different value on the ram?View attachment 26191
Yes that is ground. I guess it squeezed its way in between those traces once I drew the GND plane. Probably does no harm though. I haven’t experimented with changing the RAM resistor you mentioned but might need to look more into that. I just used the standard stack up and settings with JLCPCB meaning I didn’t change any of their preset settings when placing the order.

WHAT?????? 420C to desolder the components!?!?!
Only the GPU, all others can use less heat but the lead free factory solder needs a lot of heat before finally starting to give. Those temps you mentioned would work with low melt solder after reballing, but wouldn’t budge with my testing of the factory solder.